PDA

View Full Version : Dungeon Seige

LA_MERC_LaTech
October 17th, 2002, 06:18 AM
Has anyone played this game? I don't know if it is classified as a FPS or not, but it seems pretty neat to me. Just started the night before last on it and like it so far.

LaTech

LA_MERC_Diesel
October 17th, 2002, 06:19 AM
I agree tech, I played it and it was pretty fun, although I never finished it because neverwinter nights and icewind dale II came out.

LA_MERC_Mercy
October 17th, 2002, 06:22 AM
i have played it and it is a very good game, it is classified as an RPG...more along the line of Diablo as it is a hack/slash type, not a puzzle type rpg...great game, very nice eye candy...especially when it is snowing...

and i didnt finish due to the same thing that diesel mentioned...NWN and IWD2 came out

LA_MERC_LaTech
October 17th, 2002, 06:26 AM
Dang...those games must be NICE or something. I think the graphics are kick butt (for the age of the game) and it's not hard to play. I was expecting some sort of learning curve to play it, but thankfully, anyone can play. (self ownage)

LaTech

LA_MERC_Mercy
October 17th, 2002, 06:36 AM
lol...yeah it was real easy to learn how to play the game..but it can get confusing when you have 6 or 7 characters to control...

LA_MERC_LaTech
October 17th, 2002, 07:00 AM
Yeah, right now, I have myself, a guy and a chick to control. Whenever I get into a mob...I start clicking with my guy, then I look and see the other two are having a coffee break or something. Bastages!

LaTech

LA_MERC_Maverick
October 17th, 2002, 09:48 AM
I have played (and beaten) dungeon siege. I agree that the hardest thing to learn is how to control all of your characters at the same time, especially when you have about 7 of them. My recommendation is to have 1 or 2 melee fighters, 2 or 3 bowmen (or women) and a the rest strictly magic users. Also you might want to hire a donkey to carry stuff (mainly because there is ALOT of stuff to pick up and you cant carry it all). The bow and magic are long range weapons, so that the character doesnt have to be that close to start fighting, which almost eliminates having to tell them to fight. This means that you can concentrate more on your melee fighters and how they are doing.

Hope that helps with your strats for the game. If you need any other help/tips/advice, just let me know.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
October 17th, 2002, 11:21 AM
If all else fails just put in the secret code when your booting, up, down, up, down, left, right, left, right, b, a, b, a, select, start. Works fer me, gets you all the super l33t weapons at the start of the game.

LA_MERC_Dirge
October 17th, 2002, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by LA_MERC_Maverick
Also you might want to hire a donkey to carry stuff

Can you beat it once you rent it?

LA_MERC_Diesel
October 17th, 2002, 12:14 PM
You can try, but these donkey's have a pretty mean kick.
Morale: Beat it from the front, dont try to beat it from behind; you might hurt yourself!

LA_MERC_LaTech
October 17th, 2002, 05:44 PM
Dang man...if that wasn't a misplaced quote, I've never seen one. Taken out of context, that could mean something ENTIRELY different

LA_MERC_LaTech
October 22nd, 2002, 06:56 AM
Talk about an adictive game. I get home from work, eat a quick supper, then play till 10-10:30. I think I am nearing the end finally though (who really knows for sure?!). I just went through some city where the people at first fought me, but then started worshiping me or something. Who knows. Dragons and stuff are now in my way.

This game is much better than I had origionally thought. Good graphics (the snow areas were awesome), good story...good game.

LaTech

LA_MERC_LaTech
October 22nd, 2002, 06:59 AM
Oh, and I was going to say, I now have 1 donkey, 3 melee, 3 magicians and 1 archer (my character being one of the melee). Good combination of close and distance fighting. And the donkey is there for good looks I think.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==