PDA

View Full Version : CS:GO a video

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
August 17th, 2012, 10:49 PM
Here is a video made by a guy I play with over at WCC.

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/y7o44IU10SM?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/y7o44IU10SM?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

LA_MERC_YellowDog
August 18th, 2012, 02:46 PM
Looks like the same game... just prettier.. But then thats suppose to be the point I think.

LA_MERC_sLingbLade
August 18th, 2012, 06:35 PM
more dust2, yea

LA_MERC_FragFood
August 20th, 2012, 11:39 PM
Holy crap, that looks dated now.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
August 21st, 2012, 05:26 AM
Looks like a California 9. Beautiful but not a lot on the inside. :P

LA_MERC_DocSparky
August 21st, 2012, 08:01 AM
Holy crap, that looks dated now.

I have to agree with you Jack. After playing BF3 for a while, I'm sure it's all the more obvious to you. It would be interesting to see just how big of a group is left still playing CS and it's variants. I know that Rook is still pretty active in it, but I don't know of anyone else. Of course after you have climbed that learning curve, you want to make the most of your investment. CS is dead. Long live CS!

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
August 22nd, 2012, 11:32 AM
lulz. I enjoy CS for the jump in jump out FPS experience, and that is also why I still play L4D2 and L4D. No real commitment.

Having to put hours in to a game to gain XP points or buy into to get better XP points just to get a better gun/level/etc is rough for me. They are trying to force people to invest in play time not just make the game so dame nice it makes people want to play hours. I would rather just play a game while I bullshit with friends without having to fight a guy with 500% better weapon because he donates 4 million times more hours of his life to a game.

Hell I still play 1.6 a lot.

Also as far as GO goes, what I have noticed that I like a lot are the old maps. inferno, italy, etc that all have long corridors that an AWP would hold down for a whole round have been altered just enough. The tunnels curve to give closer access to rushers. This helps make the AWP not as much as an asset and sometimes a liability.

In total, Global Offensive will launch with 16 official maps. The game will launch with 8 updated classic maps which are available in Casual and Competitive mode:
Aztec (Defusal)
Dust (Defusal)
Dust2 (Defusal)
Inferno (Defusal)
Italy (Hostage rescue)
Nuke (Defusal)
Office (Hostage rescue)
Train (Defusal)
There are also 8 new maps for the new Arsenal game mode, two of which are for Arms Race mode whilst the other six will be Demolition mode maps.
Baggage (Arms Race)
Shoots (Arms Race)
Shorttrain (Demolition)
Bank (Demolition)
Lake (Demolition)
Safehouse (Demolition)
Sugarcane (Demolition)
St. Marc (Demolition)

They also have the demolition play mode where it is pretty much a rush map each team has to play each side and confrontation is almost instant.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
August 24th, 2012, 09:57 AM
lulz. I enjoy CS for the jump in jump out FPS experience, and that is also why I still play L4D2 and L4D. No real commitment.

Having to put hours in to a game to gain XP points or buy into to get better XP points just to get a better gun/level/etc is rough for me. They are trying to force people to invest in play time not just make the game so dame nice it makes people want to play hours. I would rather just play a game while I bullshit with friends without having to fight a guy with 500% better weapon because he donates 4 million times more hours of his life to a game.

Right with you brother, given I haven't gamed any since my boy was born back in February, but if I ever get to I prefer to jump in B/S with the other players and get out when im done :)

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
August 28th, 2012, 07:24 PM
You have my number still? If not I just pm'd it to ya.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==