PDA

View Full Version : Battefield locking up..Need help

LA_MERC_Heater
November 30th, 2011, 08:07 PM
Ok so when i log in everything is working great. I get into the campaign and start playing graphic looking awesome. About 5 minutes in the screen locks up in the game..I have to use task manager to shut the program down..I have updated my 470gtx Nivdia drives to the last 2 versions with no luck. I do not have this problem with any other game so i dont think my graphics card is overheating. What do i do?

LA_MERC_Maverick
November 30th, 2011, 08:10 PM
Go into Origin, right click the Battlefield 3 icon, and select Repair Install. Will probably take all night, but if there is a problem with the game, it should fix it. I had an issue with not being able to join any game, and it fixed that.

LA_MERC_Spark
December 1st, 2011, 08:05 AM
Just a shot here, but do you have all the video option cranked up? If so cut back a little and see. I've never played the game, but I have noted in other games sometimes your hardware isn't a capable as you think. I have dual 460's in my current rig.. wonder how it'll run BF3

LA_MERC_Heater
December 1st, 2011, 10:42 AM
Ok did the reinstall, and turn down some of the video options but still locks up...

LA_MERC_Andyconda
December 1st, 2011, 12:45 PM
What OS are you running. I'm running Windows7 Pro and had a similar issue. I right clicked on exe icon picked "run as administrator" and it stopped. Also, look at your Anti Virus. The Punkbuster stuff in BF3 may be picked up by your AV and stop it. Try disabling temporarily and running. Just some thoughts.

LA_MERC_FragFood
December 1st, 2011, 05:51 PM
Also, there's always the "feel how hot the heatsink on the video card gets" option. Touch it. Is it really effin' hot? If so, take the cover off your PC and point a floor standing fan (set on high) in there and REALLY cool it for a bit. If it stabilizes, then you have a heat issue. Somewhere. BF3 puts a hella load on your hardware.

LA_MERC_Heater
December 6th, 2011, 05:21 PM
Used the Run as Administrator option, and turn my setting down some and it seems to work now. Thanks guys.

LA_MERC_WBHighwind
December 9th, 2011, 08:58 AM
The run as administrator thing is huge apparently. Everyone needs to allow that instance in all cases even if you dont have any issues because things can still start to pop up. I was having a huge issue of artifacting on the big open maps. Polygons would form randomly out in the space with no reason at all. After updating to the newest beta drivers and turning the settings down to high, I havent had the issue happen again.... yet...

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==