PDA

View Full Version : BattleField 3 purchase

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
September 25th, 2011, 01:16 PM
How all thinks they will be buying the game on PC and do you have to use Origin?

LA_MERC_Maverick
September 25th, 2011, 07:37 PM
I have already pre-ordered (got a deal for being in the alpha), and yes, you have to use origin to play (there will not be any steam releases that i am aware of)

LA_MERC_YellowDog
September 26th, 2011, 10:49 PM
Boooo Hisss

LA_MERC_Bacowrath
September 27th, 2011, 08:33 AM
I'm in. Beta today through Oct 10th

LA_MERC_Bacowrath
September 27th, 2011, 08:34 AM
PS: Wetz, sharpen your knife :p

LA_MERC_Wetzny
October 2nd, 2011, 08:02 PM
We buying this thing or what? and What is Origin?? No TS2 or 3?? Thanks!

LA_MERC_FragFood
October 3rd, 2011, 05:30 PM
We buying this thing or what? and What is Origin?? No TS2 or 3?? Thanks!

I did. Playing the beta now, deciding to keep or not. Will probably keep it and just deal with the suckage that is Origin and FaceBattle. Battlebook? FaceLog? If enough of us get into it and want to play, I'll set up a TS server again, unless we already have one ready to go somewhere.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
October 3rd, 2011, 09:00 PM
If enough of us get into it and want to play, I'll set up a TS server again, unless we already have one ready to go somewhere.

That's right, you did have "Frags TS server"running for a while, it will be a necessity if were going to get things rolling like we use to.

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
October 4th, 2011, 01:50 PM
I have a TS3 server sitting and having fun chillin out in a COLO here in town. I will grab all of the info again. This is also available for another 9 servers.

I will jump on it.

LA_MERC_Onji
October 12th, 2011, 03:21 PM
hey guys BF3 for PC only $41.99
http://www.amazon.com/Battlefield-3-Limited-Edition-Download/dp/B005Q47M56
This is the one i went with

LA_MERC_Onji
October 13th, 2011, 07:19 AM
Dang, looks like the price went up a little to $50.99

LA_MERC_Bacowrath
October 20th, 2011, 08:20 PM
Got an email today:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for pre-ordering Battlefield 3. We would like to remind you
that your pre-load of the game begins tomorrow, October 21st. You will
receive an Email from us tomorrow by 11:59pm PDT, which will include
your order information and instructions on how to begin your pre-load.

Sincerely,
The Origin Team

LA_MERC_Onji
October 21st, 2011, 07:39 AM
familiarize yourself with the classes: http://imgur.com/a/bXa7x
*language warning* but funny

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
October 21st, 2011, 07:50 AM
BF 3 looks amazing. This might get mback into FPSing. Can I be a cook or something? My twitch skills are terrible these days. Can we run our own server or is it just what is hosted by the manufacturer?

LA_MERC_Onji
October 21st, 2011, 08:39 AM
Launch trailer hit:
<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Q7GVSx7yMaA?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

LA_MERC_Wetzny
October 22nd, 2011, 04:44 PM
How is the game?? Don't have it yet.. is it a get for the PC or are you all playing consoles??

LA_MERC_WBHighwind
October 25th, 2011, 06:25 PM
Whats up B B B B B B B Boys? Anyone got the game? I preloaded it on my PC and about to get on. My name on Origin is AgLiftPilot now.

I played the Beta on X360 and I could tell it wasnt the same. PC is the way to go on this game. Just like BF2, theres so much more to the PC. Call of Duty is a perfect console game. Battlefield is a PC game and Im fully behind that statement because I have new compy part arriving tomorrow for my new BF3 gaming monster.

LA_MERC_DocSparky
October 26th, 2011, 08:39 AM
I should be getting my 360 copy today, but when I finally get the funds to update my computer rig I'll be getting the PC version. Hopefully BF3 will have some legs. I played BF2 for a couple years.

So how is it? How is the voice comm and the server balancing? It usually takes Dice a week or 2 to get the servers stabilized, so I understand it might be a little rough right now.

LA_MERC_Onji
October 26th, 2011, 08:44 AM
to be honest this is the most stable, fewest bugs BF release to date (knock on wood) which is surprising and awesome. Just a few little nitpicks like the stupid chat box being to big and distracting. And me dying too much, but I think I'm just getting old and less twitchy. It runs alot better than the beta did for me. very smooth.

LA_MERC_Diesel
October 26th, 2011, 12:17 PM
game is killer, get in or get owned

LA_MERC_Onji
October 26th, 2011, 01:22 PM
must unlock mortar lol
<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VcAXhzryQWA?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

LA_MERC_DocSparky
October 26th, 2011, 02:18 PM
game is killer, get in or get owned

I think what you meant is:

game is killer, get in AND get owned :stick

Onji, please tell me that's fake video. I can see 2 or 3 people camping in the back with the mortar. DANG!

LA_MERC_Onji
October 26th, 2011, 02:26 PM
na not fake. but i read it takes alot of teamwork to perform like that. plenty of people constantly spotting, and you have to be kinda close range

LA_MERC_Bacowrath
October 26th, 2011, 03:04 PM
Ahhh....stop lookin for a sissy excuse not to like the game, and get in here, Doc :p

LA_MERC_Onji
October 27th, 2011, 09:25 AM
pretty funny compilation (language)

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/P1_1VhfdjtE?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

LA_MERC_YellowDog
October 28th, 2011, 09:26 AM
LOL... well, looks like Good old battle field to me :)

LA_MERC_Diesel
October 29th, 2011, 08:22 PM
I think what you meant is:

game is killer, get in AND get owned :stick

Maybe for baddies...but this game is really not about K:D, a good squad and teamplay outshines anything else...now if you playing with the 12-14 yr olds on xbox, it may be very frustrating, lol.

LA_MERC_Drax
November 1st, 2011, 08:35 AM
I have it on PC, graphics are sweet, game play is good, jets and choppers are not so easy to fly (especially jets), and they are so easy to kill in the early on. They get unlocks later that help, but at the start, blow em up!

LA_MERC_Onji
November 1st, 2011, 08:43 AM
I have it on PC, graphics are sweet, game play is good, jets and choppers are not so easy to fly (especially jets), and they are so easy to kill in the early on. They get unlocks later that help, but at the start, blow em up!

woo! Drax is in sent you a friend req

LA_MERC_Drax
November 1st, 2011, 06:39 PM
I got a request from AGLiftPilot but no one else :( I will look for it. I also have a few friends I work with that play.

LA_MERC_Drax
November 1st, 2011, 06:40 PM
Wait, i found it in the battlelog window, I thought you sent me one in Origin :)

LA_MERC_Onji
November 2nd, 2011, 07:42 AM
Wait, i found it in the battlelog window, I thought you sent me one in Origin :)

yeah battlelog. I got ya added and invited you to the Platoon. Add all those guys and you'll have us all.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==