PDA

View Full Version : New Battlefield 3 Trailer

LA_MERC_Onji
August 16th, 2011, 09:27 AM
<iframe width="853" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NDDfPxF3EFE?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

LA_MERC_YellowDog
August 16th, 2011, 09:58 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_moVN_DcZGRM/SUqQnKPWC4I/AAAAAAAACCs/SQir_GFoCkA/s400/awesome.gif

LA_MERC_DocSparky
August 16th, 2011, 10:05 AM
Heh, you beat me to it Onji! I had the link in my clipboard :).

Pretty freaking sweet trailer right there! I had flashbacks to BF2 in the middle of it. They really nailed the feel of the BF series. Hopefully they will have some decent SAMS sites to counter those Jets.

I've been playing more of BC2 in recent weeks and it's much better. I think that once the hacker/glitching/spawn campers move on, then things are just more fun.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
August 16th, 2011, 01:10 PM
I think that once the hacker/glitching/spawn campers move on, then things are just more fun.

You know I think that right there is what killed it for me,,, not to mention I got a late start into the game, and with a lack of teammates willing to work with me so I could move around the map and not get my ass handed to me every 10 seconds, I just could not find the enjoyment in BC2 that I found in BF2.

LA_MERC_goose
August 16th, 2011, 08:59 PM
Didn't have the specs for BC2, so I doubt I have the specs for BF3 ... looks like I'm on the outside looking in, again. :(

LA_MERC_DocSparky
August 17th, 2011, 06:52 AM
I hear ya Yeller. That's where I was with BC2 during the first couple months. It's feeling a lot more like BF2 to me now. Dice really needs to do something to help balance out the servers without splitting up squads.

Yea Goose, you might need to look for a CPU/MB/Video card update to get BF3 running smoothly. When I hit that ceiling with mine, I ended up switching to the console version. Honestly, I think the overall experience is better for me. Sure miss playing with fellow Mercs though. Of course, computer components aren't as high as they used to be.

LA_MERC_Spark
August 17th, 2011, 07:18 AM
W O W!

LA_MERC_Sniper
August 17th, 2011, 09:48 AM
yuhhuuhhuuhuhuhooooooh i think i made a booboo

LA_MERC_goose
August 18th, 2011, 07:14 AM
Well, just built my wish-list computer ... my wife laughed so hard I think she's crying. I told her I was reusing my case and power supply ... she threw her hands up and walked off. I'm guessing that was a no?

MSI 870S-G46 AM3 AMD 870 SATA 6Gb/s ATX AMD Motherboard
GIGABYTE GV-R675OC-1GI Radeon HD 6750 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition Thuban 3.2GHz Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor HDT90ZFBGRBOX
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9Q-16GBXL
SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
$530 on NewEgg.

LA_MERC_Onji
August 18th, 2011, 07:17 AM
Full Weapon and Vehicle lists released:

Weapons: http://bf3blog.com/2011/08/complete-list-of-battlefield-3-weapons/
Vehicles: http://bf3blog.com/2011/08/complete-list-of-battlefield-3-vehicles/

LA_MERC_DocSparky
August 18th, 2011, 08:07 AM
Dang Goose, that $530 seem pretty cheap given the equipment. Maybe you should dig up some old receipts for the last upgrade. I bet it wasn't that low.

So Onji, what did you think of the list of weapons/vehicles? Seems like they are combining BF2 and BC2 stuff. Of course all of it is getting a new skin/model rendering, so it'll be extra sweet. I see that the little bird is now a standard helo. I also saw that the commo rose is making a comeback. The whole thing feels a lot more like BF2 than the BC2 series, which is a good thing in my opinion.

LA_MERC_Onji
August 19th, 2011, 06:42 AM
I'm happy with the list. Alot of favorites are coming back. I had alot of fun with BC2, bit it always kind of felt like battlefield jr. to me. BF3 is what I've been waiting for. HUGE maps, so many more toys to play with.Different modes. I just cant wait.

The only thing that really just ticks me off is that EA is not going to release it on Steam. They are trying to push their new digital distribution crap Origin. I don't want that crap shoved down my throat, but by boycotting it you're hurting Dice in the long run. The game is a masterpiece and I want to support Dice, so I'll give in to Origin but I wont like it

LA_MERC_YellowDog
August 19th, 2011, 10:27 AM
I'm happy with the list. Alot of favorites are coming back. I had alot of fun with BC2, bit it always kind of felt like battlefield jr. to me. BF3 is what I've been waiting for. HUGE maps, so many more toys to play with.Different modes. I just cant wait.

The only thing that really just ticks me off is that EA is not going to release it on Steam. They are trying to push their new digital distribution crap Origin. I don't want that crap shoved down my throat, but by boycotting it you're hurting Dice in the long run. The game is a masterpiece and I want to support Dice, so I'll give in to Origin but I wont like it

So, Im guessing Origin will want to be as prominent as steam is on my desktop.
Like, it will have to launch for BF3 to run, It will have to update for Bf3 to update ECT, ECT.. and if I want to know whos playing... just like my steam friends,,, I will have to have Origin friends.... :(

Awwwww Foooy!

LA_MERC_Onji
August 19th, 2011, 10:49 AM
yeah Origin is EA's Steam.

LA_MERC_FragFood
August 19th, 2011, 09:10 PM
Bearing in mind that BF2 was on EA's lil' Steam wannabe as well, don't forget...

That said, with the amount of drool flying around here, I'm in. This is probably going to be the game that gets all Mercs back gaming together every night, rather than a couple here and there. Definitely a purty demo.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
August 20th, 2011, 10:32 AM
Well, i figure with the larger maps and fighter jets,,, our jet *****s may come back to play with us again:)

I will still ground pound like a good little soldier, drive my APC into enemy teritory and HOLD my little flag for as long as I can :)

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
August 20th, 2011, 04:44 PM
Count me in.

LA_MERC_Sniper
August 25th, 2011, 02:42 PM
yeah im saving for an upgrade as we speak love for us to be tearing it up as a big group again

LA_MERC_Onji
September 20th, 2011, 07:45 AM
Looks like they just announced the date for open beta.
Starts Sept 29th

http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield3/1/beta

LA_MERC_DocSparky
September 20th, 2011, 09:23 AM
So how many people are planning to get this (full game)? I'll be getting a copy on the 360, but I'm debating whether to get a copy for my PC. I would have to run it low res, but it might be worth it. The screenshots look amazing.

BTW, saw this on the battle blog:

If you pre-order Battlefield 3 (PC digital download version) on Origin before September 25th, or if you have bought Medal of Honor: Limited Edition/Tier 1 Edition, you will get 48 hours early access to the Beta, meaning you can start playing Tuesday, September 27th.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
September 25th, 2011, 10:55 AM
PC

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
September 28th, 2011, 08:35 AM
PC here

LA_MERC_Bacowrath
September 28th, 2011, 02:21 PM
LOL..you KNOW that I'm going PC :p

LA_MERC_DocSparky
September 28th, 2011, 10:56 PM
For the record Yeller, I assumed no one was going 360. I was asking how many planned to get it on the PC. I'm going to test out the demo on my rig and see how it plays. If it's sluggish, then I'll pass.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
September 29th, 2011, 06:29 AM
Well, I will probably get it once its out on the PC, and hopefully we can get enough guys back in the game to squad up and work together like we did in BF2.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==