PDA

View Full Version : I can't access the LA_MERC server

-FA-d34n0
October 14th, 2002, 11:34 AM
whenever i join it always says:

Tracker error: Tracker.dll invalid, not loading
Host_Error: DispatchUserMsg:Illegal User Msg 144(sometimes other #s)

any ideas on how i can fix this? Thanks

-Chris

LA_MERC_Mercy
October 14th, 2002, 11:37 AM
okay the first error is for the steam version of cs..dont worry about it...the other one is what is causing the problems...but i really dont know how to fix it other than to delete and reload cs...

bighead
October 14th, 2002, 11:40 AM
have u just purchased a router or installed firmware on your router? i had a problem like that w/ a router i had

-FA-d34n0
October 14th, 2002, 11:51 AM
whats a router? I've had CS for a while on my computer and this server is thwe only one i hav a problem with. I could reload CS but that would delete all the maps and information that i already have.

Usually i can never make it past the console login page, thats when i get the "Illegal User Msg 144".

last night i actually made it in and a few seconds after i chose my team it kicked me out saying "Illegal User Msg 134".

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
October 14th, 2002, 12:02 PM
you can keep your maps by pulling the folder out of your cstrike directory and putting it on the desktop or somewhere else. Same with skins or whatever else you want. Then do the uninstall. If you don't know what a router is then you don't have one.

Scott

-FA-d34n0
October 14th, 2002, 12:05 PM
thanks, i'll try reinstalling.

LA_MERC_Onji
October 14th, 2002, 12:06 PM
yes first check what bighead was suggesting, if you have cable or dsl, does it plug directly from your modem to your pc or do you have it plugged into a router which allows you to share the cable/dsl. If you have a router, try plugging the cable/dsl modem directly to your network card.
Also I have heard if you have Cheating-Death (CD, the old anti cheat software) loaded it will cause issues. Try uninstalling and see what happens.

cd
October 14th, 2002, 01:23 PM
Thats the same problem Jubae had back in the day too.

-FA-d34n0
October 14th, 2002, 05:14 PM
still no luck!
I reinstalled, this time i got

Illegal User Msg 184.

corbin: how did jubae get his to work?

-FA-d34n0
October 14th, 2002, 06:08 PM
top...

anyone know how i can fix this? I really wanna play on the LA_MERC server. please, anything...:cry :bow

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==