PDA

View Full Version : Prettiest Game EVER!

LA_MERC_Wetzny
March 3rd, 2010, 06:21 AM
Once the bumps get smoothed over, this thing is really going to be fun!

Finished more than a couple of maps, Panama Canal sticks out has an awesome map. So did the jungle map, whatever it's name was.

I didn't see a map that wasn't IMPRESSIVE!

The DICE video was right, SPOT, SPOT, SPOT, SPOT... without it there's virtually NO way to see targets before they see you.

Good to have Onji, Shadow, Doc, Baco, Abidabi, Skits, Frag, Yellow, and Sparky back on TS.

See you in the game!!

LA_MERC_YellowDog
March 3rd, 2010, 06:57 AM
Yep I concur, this game looks freaking awesome. I believe theirs going to be dynamics in this game that will put BF2 to shame. Not only is it pretty, its destructible. I was hiding behind the wall in a building taking shelter while shooting at the enemy, when all of a sudden, half my wall was gone, my ears were ringing, and I had to move and take cover downstairs.

Awesome :)

LA_MERC_DocSparky
March 3rd, 2010, 08:25 AM
I would like to see this on a top of the line CPU/GPU combo and a 55" LCD w/surround. I'm blown away by how good it looks on my aging rig. The new maps on it are freakalicously good. They have definitely taken the maps to the next level. I was having fun until the server disconnected last night. I had another commitment so I didn't get to stick around.

I was great to see more people on TS. I think if we are going to get the most out of this game we need to have everyone on TS and we need to work on getting the bugs out of out audio/headset combos. Tweaking the sound levels is a big deal also. In the end, I think it will be more than worth it.

I tell ya, this game brings out more emotions than most others. I'm hating it one second and loving it the next. But that's what gaming is about though.

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
March 3rd, 2010, 08:44 AM
Shit I am going to have to purchase it. Hehe. Anyone complaining of the dreaded WSod? That would send me over the edge.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
March 3rd, 2010, 09:01 AM
Certainly the launch of the game overloaded the system, that was evident and probably not unexpected.

The friends list works like a champ, if you've not friend-ed LA_MERC do so. Trying to find out what server your in is kind a pain in the arse. In the immortal words of Winston Wolf: "Pretty please with sugar on top... Get on the Farking friends list."

My Rig is running on high, and I would say it's aged also. However the MOBO and Graphics card in here are new, and it looks FANTASTIC!

Still running into issues with the Joystick, but I should be able to get it squared away soon.

Bottom-line.. first night issues aside, I think this game has some shelf life. I would also suggest staying away from 32 player servers until we are more familiar with the maps.. 12 on 12 was good, but when I hit a 16 on 16 it was stab-fest 2010...

It's SQAUD based there is no question about that, if you don't fight together it's farking hard!

LA_MERC_Shadow
March 3rd, 2010, 09:05 AM
This game is awesome! Great maps that look superb! And there's nothing like being able to destroy a building to gain entrance to achieve the goal. My favorite map was the one at night in the ice. This is going to be one challenging game.

LA_MERC_johncst
March 3rd, 2010, 01:22 PM
i am getting a new rig soon

LA_MERC_YellowDog
March 3rd, 2010, 02:50 PM
Wazzup John, glad to see you chime in...

Get yourself hooked up with some fresh hardwarze and helps us break in the new game :)

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==