PDA

View Full Version : Music??????

JUNKY
October 10th, 2002, 08:31 AM
What is everyone listening to lately?

I have picked up a few new CD's lately,

Queens Of The Stone Age -- Songs For The Deaf -- cool stuff, esp with Dave Grohl on drums for most of the CD. If you don't know who Dave Grohl is, then you aren't a fan of rock music.

Disturbed -- Believe -- Better than the first CD IMHO, lot more focused sound, and some songs get almost a Dream Theater-like technical rhythm section going.

Filter -- The Amalgamut -- Decent listen, but doesn't quite catch Short Bus for intensity.

Our Lady Peace -- Gravity -- on a level equal to their second CD (Clumbsy), which is my favorite of their stuff -- really good music, they rock but have a completeness to their sound that a lot of todays bands are missing, Plus Rayne Maida's voice is unique, and I can almost sing in that register, so I like listening to them.

Nonpoint -- Development -- if you like rock--just buy this CD. Or their earlier CD -- Statement.

and on a really weird trip...
The Les Claypool Frog Brigade Presents Purple Onion -- If you don't know who Les Claypool is, you won't like this CD -- but if you know that Les basically is Primus, and a member of Oysterhead, then this is a really cool disc...esp if you play bass.

That's all for now,
Lates,
Junky

LA_MERC_Dirge
October 10th, 2002, 08:47 AM
I got the Bonnaroo live 2-cd set. It has some really good stuff on it. And some not so good stuff. But it has single tracks from most of the artists: Widespread Panic, North Mississippi Allstars, Galactic, Ween, String Cheese incident, Ben Harper, Government Mule, Dirty Dozen, and a whole lot more. It's cool to thrown in the player and jam out!

JUNKY
October 10th, 2002, 09:03 AM
Yeah,

I have a friend who is a huuge Ben harper fan and he's let me listen to that bonnaroo CD--I think I'm gonna have to make him a backup copy for safekeeping in my CD changer.

I forgot Trey Anastasio's solo album--I been listening to it a lot lately too.

Noxious
October 10th, 2002, 02:22 PM
Chevelle's "Wonder What's Next"- Just got it last night, and it rocks. Its better than their 1st CD IMHO, and their sound has gotten a little bit better. Go Buy this CD. Notable Songs- "The Red" "Wonder Whats Next" and "Forfeit"

Seether's "Disclaimer"-Oh man, their lyrics and sound ownz. I'd most definately recommend this CD to any1 who likes alt. rock and metal. They are on Wind-Up Records, same as Creed, Drowning Pool and 12 Stones. You can somewhat hear a resemblence of those other bands, but I think that their sound will topple whatever those other bands put out. They just flat out rock. Notable Songs-"Fine Again", "F**K IT!" and "Fade Away"

Yeah, I got OLP new one, and Nonpoints Disclaimer. They both rule. God its good to love music these days. I cant wait for Taproots new album to drop. I been jammin out to their new single "Poem", and it rules too. I'm goin to get QotSA-Songs for the Death soon. Dave Grohl rules. Lead singer of Foo Fighters, and ex-drummer for Nirvana. So yah, Dave ownz.

IamTylerDurden
October 10th, 2002, 09:41 PM
Yea the Trey Anastasio's solo album is GOOD.. so's the Bonaroo!

SnAkEbItE
October 10th, 2002, 11:55 PM
I got Steve Curtis Chapman's latest and it's awsome!!!

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
October 11th, 2002, 08:07 PM
I haven't stopped listening to Slayer: "God Hates Us All" since it was released.....BTW it was released on Sept 11th 2001. There is a song called "Payback" at the end of the disk. Not the greatest song in the world but has a great line......
"When you draw first blood, you can't stop this fight."

Scott

JUNKY
October 12th, 2002, 10:52 AM
Just got Ill Nino -- Revolution, today---good stuff.

JUNKY
October 21st, 2002, 10:29 AM
this is mainly for the LosAngeles/CA crew --

Theres a local band there calle Depswa -- ever seent hem -- I know one of the guitarists through a friend and stuff, abt I saw apost by him on a mailing list for wakeboardrs that Depswa is about to start touring with Mudvayne and Taproot.

Are they worth driving 5 hours to go see in New Orleans?

http://www.depswa.com/media.html is where you can listen to some of their stuff if interested.

LAta
JUNKY

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
October 21st, 2002, 12:42 PM
Dunno...I havent been to a local show in about 12 years.

Scott

Noxious
October 21st, 2002, 09:04 PM
Get Taproot's "Welcome". This CD just ownz.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
October 21st, 2002, 09:19 PM
New Saliva sounds bad @$$...The single is the title song for the next WWE pay per view.

Scott

Noxious
October 21st, 2002, 11:12 PM
Yeah, been jammin out to "Always" for a while now. I love how they changed.

Im goin see Saliva, Audiovent and Theory of a Deadman at The Varsity on Halloween. and Hopefully Tool.

Noxious
October 21st, 2002, 11:12 PM
Now if Deftones would ever come to La, id be a happy man.

DianWei9789
November 20th, 2002, 04:12 PM
I just got WWE Anthology, Broken Hope - Loathe, Cannibal Corpse - Eaten Back to Life. I mostly burn my CD's th0ugh

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
November 20th, 2002, 05:41 PM
Well God Hates Us All has been replaced.....

Can't get enough of Stone Sour........it's playing right now in my cup holder...er CD ROM drive.

Scott

LA_MERC_LaTech
November 21st, 2002, 06:19 AM
Gonna DL some songs, anything recommended?

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
November 21st, 2002, 07:06 AM
From Stone Sour???

GEt Inside
Bother
Orchids
Inhale
Tumult

Those will get you started.

Scott

LA_MERC_LaTech
November 21st, 2002, 07:07 AM
rgr, thanks.

LA_MERC_Dirge
November 21st, 2002, 07:11 AM
Matchbox Twenty's new album is pretty good, I have only listened to a little of it, but I like it so far. I wonsder what the cd case looks like....? lol

LA_MERC_LaTech
November 21st, 2002, 07:32 AM
heheh

LA_MERC_LaTech
November 21st, 2002, 07:38 AM
http://www.cdcovers.cc/audio_m.php

LA_MERC_Dirge
November 21st, 2002, 08:19 AM
Hey that's a saweet website. Thanks! Now my jewel case can be complete!!! LOL

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
November 21st, 2002, 08:23 AM
What a goofy @$$ site. Who has time to archive all that crap.

Scott

LA_MERC_LaTech
November 21st, 2002, 08:41 AM
I dont know, but when I found the site, I was just like Dirge is. HOLY COW, I said, LOOK AT ALL THE CRAP! They've got tons of stuff to look through when you are bored. *ahem* I mean, when you have spare time on your hands when you are supposed to be working!

MadOne
November 21st, 2002, 09:00 AM
LOL, anyone have the new Disturbed CD that they would be willing to hook a brother up with?

[Cajun] BigEasy
November 22nd, 2002, 07:51 AM
The only new music I've been listening to has been music that is new to me. Lately its been Modest Mouse and The Dismemberment Plan. And then there's Sleater-Kinney -- Its just something about angry girls with guitars that fascinates me.

StratCat
November 27th, 2002, 07:26 PM
Hey madone ive got both disturbed albums bro

DianWei9789
February 3rd, 2003, 05:00 PM
mmmmm, Limbonic Art, some of the best Norweigen black metal I've heard

Maximus
February 3rd, 2003, 08:15 PM
Stone Sour rulz, but I've recently gotten into Vallejo! Their latest album "Stereo" is AWESEOME! They friggin RULE LIVE (Just saw them this last weekend in San Antonio) and if you ever get a chance to see them live, GO! I have some of their songs if you wanna check em out! PEACE!

wookie
February 5th, 2003, 10:18 PM
Has anyone ever heard of Trapt?
I saw them live at the Varsity this past monday.
If any1 is interested, DL "Headstrong" "Echo" and "These Walls" by Trapt.

They are kewl.

Also check out Naive at http://www.naiverock.com I saw them when they came to the Varsity with TrustCompany, they dont have a CD out yet, but it should be out soon. They have some MP3s on their website.

Maximus
February 5th, 2003, 11:43 PM
Heck yeah I've heard of Trapt!!! Headstrong is a baddarse song!!! Here in Corpus they're pretty big...

wookie
February 6th, 2003, 07:08 PM
All the songs they played were awesome, but Headstrong just kicked azz!

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==