PDA

View Full Version : Help with NeverWinter Nights

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
September 14th, 2002, 03:28 PM
I've installed Neverwinter, put in the play disk clicked on the shortcut and I get the main gui for the game. When I click on Play a new screen comes up that's all black except for the NeverWinter Nights logo in the middle. My mouse shows the little hourglass for about 15secs then my screen goes back to my desktop. Nothing minimized no sound when I click play nothing. I've checked out the site for FAQS and tried the most likely culprets to no avail. I went to windows update and updated everything available, but there were no new driver updates. I have the lastest drivers from NVidia that were posted on the news page.

Computer:
1.0ghz PIII
256RAM
Gforce2 400MX 32Mb PCI card
Windows ME

If anyone has any suggestions I'm listening thanks for any help you can give.

LA_MERC_Mercy
September 14th, 2002, 03:31 PM
hmmm....that is strange...my systems is close to yours and i have no problems running it at all...i will see what i can dig up on it...

LA_MERC_Mercy
September 14th, 2002, 04:33 PM
yeah i didnt think of that...that could be the problem...

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
September 15th, 2002, 01:07 PM
Ok, I've uninstalled the whole thing twice, then reinstalled it to no avail. I get the same thing as I posted above, I'm outta my league here so any ideas I'll try. On a different note how do you like it Ernie? Should I be even madder then I already am about not being able to play it?

LA_MERC_Mercy
September 15th, 2002, 03:22 PM
yes...if you have ever played the table top d&d then you have to play this game...it is just like playing it on table top...it uses the third edition rules with very little variation to it...mainly just a few saving throws have been changed...the graphics are fantastic for this type of game, and it will challenge you when it gets up into the later part of the game...

on the whole, i would give it a 9 out of 10...and that is without even getting into the whole module building aspect of it...

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
September 15th, 2002, 06:58 PM
So you're saying I should figure something out quick so the 187 doesn't happen? I figured it was good, just sucks something isn't working right. I'm gonna figure something out this week so I can get started.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==