LA_MERC_Onji
September 13th, 2002, 08:15 PM
ut2003 demo released: check the front news page for the file

bighead
September 13th, 2002, 09:11 PM
the game is freaking badd arse too..the graphics are great w00t

Daedelus
September 13th, 2002, 09:15 PM
did they say yet what the system requirements are going to be ? i know ill have to up grade for star wars galaxies but i am trying to hold out till then thanks

bighead
September 13th, 2002, 09:16 PM
dunno..but it's smooth...we gonna have a server for it??? plz?? hehe

LA_MERC_MadMAX
September 13th, 2002, 11:33 PM
Downloaded and played the Demo earlier...all i can say is WOW! Awesome graphics...w00t!

bighead
September 13th, 2002, 11:45 PM
yea mad i think we will be playing it at the lan tom lol

bighead
September 13th, 2002, 11:47 PM
here u go poppa

Operating System: WIN 98/ME/2000/XP
CPU: Pentium III or AMD Athlon 733MHz processor (*Pentium® or AMD 1.0 GHz or greater RECOMMENDED)
Memory: 128 MB RAM (256 MB RAM or greater RECOMMENDED)
Hard Disk Space: 3 GB
CD ROM or CD/DVD ROM: 8X
Audio System: Windows® compatible sound card (*Sound Blaster® Audigy(tm) series sound card RECOMMENDED) (NVIDIA® nForce™ or other motherboards/soundcards containing the Dolby® Digital Interactive Content Encoder required for Dolby Digital audio. Also RECOMMENDED)
Video System: 3D Accelerator card with 16 MB VRAM (*32-128 MB VRAM RECOMMENDED) 16 MB TNT2-class DirectX® version 6 compliant video card. (*NVIDIA GeForce 2/ATI Radeon RECOMMENDED) DirectX® version 8.1 (Included on game disc)
Multiplayer: Internet (TCP/IP) and LAN (TCP/IP) play supported. *Internet play requires a 33.6 Kbps or faster modem

Got anything else?

IamTylerDurden
September 14th, 2002, 12:27 AM
DEFIN PLAYING AT LAN>.. THATS ALL IM PLAYING LOL!!!!

LA_MERC_MadMAX
September 14th, 2002, 09:35 AM
Y'all know you'll have to kill scott...UT is NOT his favorite thing...he gets killed too much. You know he likes to hide and snipe....hide and snipe....LOL I think he wants to play bf1942...hehehe. I should have never showed him that game...

[g0ds]Apep
September 14th, 2002, 10:04 AM
the water does ripple and if you put the bots on Godlike THEY WILL RIP A NEW ONE LIKE NEVER BEFORE LOL!!!! this game is awesome to say the least in my opinion can't wait for the whole thing...

bighead
September 14th, 2002, 11:36 AM
yea we had a beta here at a local LAN...it wasn't that confidential u b00n lol...the demo doesn't have nearly as many bugs as the beta did

Daedelus
September 14th, 2002, 06:18 PM
thanks man for the recommended spec's man i think i will have to up grade too play. hey thinking cost effective which should i do first upgrade my VooDoo-3500 to a Geforce-4 4600 or upgrade the K6-2 450 to athlon maybe a 1.4 or 1.8 wich would also require new mobo and ram too. any idea's thanks.

LA_MERC_RiverRat
September 14th, 2002, 10:42 PM
or you can contace Endeavor Computers (owned by MadOne) - he can get the CHEAPER CHEAPER CHEAPER....

he got some kick booty stuff for $35 the other day...

bighead
September 15th, 2002, 12:19 AM
or go to www.pricewatch.com and let them compete w/ those prices hehe

LA_MERC_RiverRat
September 15th, 2002, 12:46 AM
LOL...

bighead
September 15th, 2002, 11:38 AM
hehe yea..but I like putting my own stuff together...that way i know it's done to my standards..but that's just me

Daedelus
September 15th, 2002, 12:11 PM
cool. i havent ever had to put tigether a new system just add video sound cd etc. but if i would be able to get some scratch together can you guys ship remember i am on the west coast. i have heard that raid stuff is good so yeah ill probably go with that.so ill shoot you guys a e-mail ok

IamTylerDurden
September 15th, 2002, 12:51 PM
LIL SOMETHING FROM PLANET UNREAL:

In case you were wondering how the demo differs from the full game, well, he's got that information too:

The full game differs in the following ways compared to this demo:

Textures in the full game are, on average, 2X higher resolution than in the demo. The textures in the demo were reduced because of download size limitations.

The full game includes over 35 maps, compared to the 4 in the demo.

The full game includes over 50 characters, versus 4 in the demo.

The demo only supports "instant action" mode, Internet and LAN play. The full version also contains the single-player ladder, enabling you to play through the game while managing a team roster.

The demo doesn't include the Unreal editor and content-creation tools which ship with the final game, enabling you to build new levels, modify existing ones, and create game mods.

The full version includes 6 mutators offering new variations on gameplay, versus 2 in the demo.

Plus there's The Redeemer and stuff.

IamTylerDurden
September 15th, 2002, 12:52 PM
Mark Rein just made this post to the official boards, it looks like the demo is gonna get a patch!
Daniel Vogel informed me that he unknowingly accidentally broke Voodoo3/5 compatibility in the demo. We're fixing it and there will be a patch that addresses that plus a few other major bugs we discovered. Keep watching the Official Unreal Tournament 2003 Site for news of its release.
We are sincerely sorry for this. Daniel claims it was just one, itty-bitty, single little line of code that caused it to break. I'll make sure that I personally play the gold master for the full game (when it's done) on Voodoo3 and Voodoo5 to make sure it doesn't happen for the retail version.

Thanks for your patience and again, our apologies.

So for those of you mailing in to complain that the demo wouldn't work on your Voodoo5, that's why. Ooops.

LA_MERC_Mercy
September 15th, 2002, 03:19 PM
anyone know if it does actaully take the screenshots?...i have taken several but cant find where it saves them...

IamTylerDurden
September 15th, 2002, 05:42 PM
not sure.. ill check!

bighead
September 15th, 2002, 06:09 PM
tyler is on top of the UT stuff....oh yea tyler...find out about the joystick support for me :C)

LA_MERC_Mercy
September 15th, 2002, 06:11 PM
kk...thanks

Noxious
September 15th, 2002, 06:44 PM
in the Bombing Run map, in the back of the goal areas, if u fall into the pit , u die, but it shows ur body gettin crunched and stuff, when u hit the bar in the middle of ur back, etc.

the death animations ive seen so far are kinda brutal. lol

adding to the allure of this genre.

IamTylerDurden
September 15th, 2002, 07:02 PM
SCREEN SHOTS ARE STORED IN SYSTEM DIR. CALLED SHOT0000 AND SO ON!

Its a bitmap!

IamTylerDurden
September 15th, 2002, 07:03 PM
Joystick support is currently flaky... they are going to do some work on that though im not sure if anything will happen after tom. patch. but see the merc home page in my last news posting and there is an email addy to send them about bugs... if youll tell me the specifics of your joystick HEAD.. then ill send the bug for you.

bighead
September 15th, 2002, 08:05 PM
mad catz panterxl. anything else you need to know?

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==