PDA

View Full Version : I know it's useless to complain, but I need to anyway....

JUNKY
August 19th, 2002, 06:03 PM
I don't post much, so when I do, I hope you relaize it's only because something has REALLY set me off.....

I'm sick and #$^@#&* tired of people who only use the AWP. I can understand people using it at times, but using it every time they have the money is frustrating.

Perm and I have talked about playing when pi$$ed off, and that it's just better to quit playing instead of playing mad.

I'm tired of people who just wait in a dark corner with an AWP and pop em off one after another.

I know that some people are great with it, I know it takes skill to learn how to use it properly, and how to hide when using it cause of the slow reload time. I disagree that the gun slows you down -- too many people on our server use an auto-switch script that pulls out the knife or pistol after every shot. (We know who you are--don't think you're sneakin on us)

But when I get on a nice open map, and one person ends up 34 and 3 as terrorist, and I have been CT the whole map and end up highest ranked on my team, and most of my team was there for the most of my map -- and I have a score of 9 and 14 -- the rest of the T team was roughly matched to my team's scores, but the 2 top ranked T's were both trotting around in corners with AWP's you have to question the fairness of the gun.

Maybe I'm just a whiner that got stomped. Maybe I should go pi$$ up a rope, maybe I just needed to say something, I dunno.

But my simple question is--is it fun for the AWP'er to just sit there and not really "play" the game?? He's just testing reflexes -- hiding in a spot, and the first thing that moves into his scope he hits the fire button and obliterates it. (I wish we would have had FF on---killing your own team at long range might make you think twice before playing your high-tech version of slap-jack) That's not playing as a team, it's not building good tactics, it's just sitting there looking for movement and pulling the trigger. Go deerhunter 3-d or something, but for me I'd rather play as a team, that's why I started playing this game, and I didnt play PC games before this one.

Oh well,
JUNKY

LA_MERC_Mercy
August 19th, 2002, 06:06 PM
try battlefield1942...more fun

bighead
August 19th, 2002, 07:40 PM
yea..but it sure is fun when you knife one :C) i love knifing idiots that sit in one spot w/ awp..makes them think again before doing it again. w00t

LA_MERC_LaTech
August 19th, 2002, 07:43 PM
Not me...it takes more than a knife to the head to get through to me.

LaTech

MadOne
August 19th, 2002, 07:57 PM
lol..i can see that too.

R@di0$taR
August 19th, 2002, 08:21 PM
wow, all I use is AWP... /me crys and hides from Junky

JUNKY
August 19th, 2002, 11:35 PM
Nah Blake--I wasnt referring to anyone in particular about the script--but I have seen it--I do it manually using my last weapon used button when I push down the scroll wheel on my mouse. I always spot the scripters cause they do it after every single shot, and it's too methodical to be done by the shooter. Like the timing is the exact same every time.

Personally I like the scout as a sniper weapon -- you usually have to get a heashot, or catch someone already injured or without armor. At least that way it means the skill of getting a headsot, or the other player has had a fighting chance at least.

But I pontificate too much, and will be going now.....

Lexian
August 20th, 2002, 01:10 AM
pontificate... man peeps on these forums been throwing those big words around alot lately... :P

LA_MERC_Dirge
August 20th, 2002, 06:21 AM
Yeah it's downright debilitating...

Dead
August 20th, 2002, 07:30 AM
Well yall know my take on it - over 50% of the time when i leave thats the exact reason i leave, its not skill i dont care what any of you awp'ers say no skill in LEECHING one shot ARM KILLS its totaly GH3Y. You think you got skills then sit in the same spot with a scout, colt, para, p90, shotty, glock, sig, aug - then well see if you can get 34-3. Dont give me that crap about "well its just part of the game ... stop whining" Wanna see skill shots look at my stats i've only got like 30 AWP kills wanna know why - cuz i dont have to use it to get kills - plain and simple!

w00t Junky da deadones got ja back on dis one man!

Dead
August 20th, 2002, 07:33 AM
Further more take Blake there as an example. ya - he awps at least once on every map - but you 100% AWP'ers - at least he buys MP5 Navy, shotty, and sig, and augs too - and he's NEVER EVER popped me off sittin in his own spawn with it. BALANCE!

LA_MERC_Dirge
August 20th, 2002, 07:51 AM
Okay, my two cents... I don't like AWP leechers that just hang back and mooch off the team players. I do have respect for the Awper's with good skill that can just as easily run with their awp and maim ya. Deadhorse, this next part is not directed at you, just your statement in general. In real life, if you were to get struck with an AWP round, say in the arm, you might as well be dead. The round would essentially take your arm off. Okay, you may say no, but at the very least it would render you completely ineffective, bleeding massively from a useless appendage and reeling in pain. This in turn would render you unable to use your weapons and such, in essence you are dead for all intents and purposes of the mission objective. In this light, being killed by one shot is just a realistic aspect of the game.

Dead
August 20th, 2002, 08:36 AM
naw they not b00ns unfortuntaly they know how to play. Its just fustrating to see em spawn camping with AWP's round after round after bloody round. I dont mind being AWP'd Dirge with one shot if they are actively moving around and playing with their team.

LA_MERC_Sniper
August 20th, 2002, 10:03 AM
i see where both sides have valid complaints im gonna use andy and tech for examples here..... that is skill running through the map and awping from a hall a building or jumping from behind a crate aiming and popping the cap and you are dead... thats just good marksmanship. i see no problem with that. i like using awp sometimes myself im just not that good with it or any other gun for that matter lol but i hate the spawn awp or same spot awpers every map but what can u do besides live with it cause its part of the game i guess the best thing to do is leave just like you said dont play mad its just a game and supposed to be fun when its not fun and gets u angry time to take a break

LA_MERC_Dirge
August 20th, 2002, 08:55 PM
/me kicks vicious square in the arse

LA_MERC_Sniper
August 21st, 2002, 04:05 AM
example: vicious is ummm o.k. i guess lol

LA_MERC_Sniper
August 21st, 2002, 04:06 AM
0wneddd

Lexian
August 21st, 2002, 09:28 AM
:{

eNdOfBeGinNinG
August 21st, 2002, 10:18 AM
I tottaly agree with AWP.. Even though I don't get hit with it a lot, my team mates do and i have to hear the whines *hehehe* I can think of a few people that do that.. well i can think of a clan that likes to do it. DeadHorse knows who i'm talkin about..cuz he whines a lot about it..*waah* lol

LA_MERC_Sniper
August 21st, 2002, 06:17 PM
j/k vicious me runs skeered from your awp lol

IamTylerDurden
August 22nd, 2002, 10:18 AM
I think vicious is amazing with the AWP... I just dont think he can actually hit anything other than a wall with it...

=)

Dead
August 22nd, 2002, 12:45 PM
well yall know i have a valid complaint about it - it take ZERO skill to sit in your spawn like 52mang, Italy, and others With an AWP - now when your runnin and switchin from pistola to AWPola thats skill cuz A) your runnin with your team completing the objective B) got MAD aiming skills.

All of yall know i dont grip about people who actually USE their skills instead of acting like they are b00ns with the gun!

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==