PDA

View Full Version : Finished mod

LA_MERC_LaTech
August 8th, 2002, 09:21 PM
Hey,

I just finished putting the final touches on my case (see attached pics). This is my first attempt (so don't laugh too much). I ended up cutting a hole in the top of my case with a fan that used to have a thermister (we cut the thermister out and soldered across the points so that it spins as fast as possible). I then put a switch on the fron of my case for that so that I could turn it off when it wasn't needed. Then, I added a light (blue cathode) with a switch on the front also, and ordered the side panel with the large window (from directron.com). I thought the "etching/sticker" of the "Counter-Terrorists Win!" was freakin awesome (I like to snipe and it's a sniper scope on a terrorist), so I got it and applied it to the window as well.

LaTech

LA_MERC_LaTech
August 8th, 2002, 09:22 PM
close-up of sticker

LA_MERC_LaTech
August 8th, 2002, 09:22 PM
fan and switches

LA_MERC_Dirge
August 8th, 2002, 09:27 PM
one word saweeeeeeet. That is exactly the way I want ot go when I mod my case, I WILL get with you and fnd out your secret. DGJ

LA_MERC_RiverRat
August 8th, 2002, 09:53 PM
that would be an awesome entry for our "HOPEFUL" case-mod contest at Bayou FragFest...

[[Corvette]]
August 14th, 2002, 11:04 AM
I just painted mine. The only mods are a couple of fans in the side panels.

http://www.etginc.com/~jen2sam/images/casewbadge.JPG

Crazy White Boy
August 18th, 2002, 12:36 AM
Im working on rebuilding an old AST desktop (then kind that lays down flat). I'm gonna go with an athlon tbird xp 1600 prosessor, geforce3, or 4, about 512mb ram, an amd mobo and maybe a 50-60gb HDD. and its gonna be leet. once im through building it, im probably gonna put a window on the top(keep in mind it lays down flat), and two 80mm fans on both sides. i cant wait. also, im gonna paint my speakers/case/monitor gloss black, and probably keep my ivory kb/mouse

anyone want a geforce 4 for 89.99? i though you would...

http://shop1.outpost.com/product/3337782

DGJ latech on your rig

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==