PDA

View Full Version : How to bind keys in CS

Dead
July 31st, 2002, 08:53 PM
This is how you Bind Key's

say you want to bind the "J" key to buy one HE and one Flash bang this is the sequence you enter in your CONSOLE:

bind "j" "buy; menuselect 8; menuselect 3; buy; menuselect 8; menuselect 4"

thats it!

LA_MERC_Mercy
July 31st, 2002, 08:57 PM
bravo bravo encore encore....

hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe...

good post Deadhorse

Dead
July 31st, 2002, 09:25 PM
well i hope people understand it like i layed it out - better than what was said during the game "cosole type bind (key) (whatever)"

thats not exactly clear

LA_MERC_RiverRat
July 31st, 2002, 09:46 PM
sorry - i couldnt get what to do across cause everyone was talkin at once and the text dont stay on screen long enough...

LA_MERC_Dirge
July 31st, 2002, 09:51 PM
WTH brought this up?

:rolleyes:

Dead
July 31st, 2002, 09:52 PM
I understand - just wanted to help clarify it out for em.

eNdOfBeGinNinG
August 1st, 2002, 09:54 AM
aaaawesome.. ty deadhorse. I've been asking a LONG time.. ppl just too busy for me =\ Again GREAT post, and thnx!

Dead
August 1st, 2002, 10:00 AM
dirge we were playin and Mercy I believed asked how and then someone else asked and we tried to tell em and of course with 10 people talkin/typin it didn't go over very well so i blerted out - do yall just want me to do a how-to post in the forum.

they all said ya.

so thats how it came about.
:blue:

Dead
August 1st, 2002, 10:13 AM
where did that come from bro?

this post wasn't how to spam nades - i just used nades in the example.

personally my nade button buys all 3 and armor - all in one key.

but yo, where did you get nade spamming out of this?

eNdOfBeGinNinG
August 1st, 2002, 11:21 AM
Thats buy throw buy throw buy throw? I know people like to do that lots in Bloodstrike when they have the money. You come otta your cornor with 15 hp and expect to win..pfft..

Dead
August 1st, 2002, 11:24 AM
well just remember there is a 30 Second time limit on buying (spamming them)

if your fraid of nades dont rush in the 1st 30 seconds

eNdOfBeGinNinG
August 1st, 2002, 11:31 AM
hehe actually on bloodstrike, only way not to get killed with the nades is to RUSH. (if non are thrown short) You can be at the very back wall and get hammered with them

LA_MERC_Yankee
August 1st, 2002, 12:56 PM
What's the difference between binding a key in the console and setting up a "hot key" in the controls settings?

LA_MERC_Mercy
August 1st, 2002, 02:15 PM
not much...you can just do more by binding a key....buy a weapon, ammo, nade, and armor all with one button if you bind it all to a key, where as on the hot keys you can only have it do one thing

LA_MERC_Yankee
August 1st, 2002, 02:24 PM
So when you bind in one map does it save that bind in your setup or do you have to keep binding?

Thanks for the help.

Dead
August 1st, 2002, 02:45 PM
Its a global setting bro - it rights your your inf file

LA_MERC_LaTech
August 1st, 2002, 02:59 PM
How do you bind for a screenshot though?

LaTech

Dead
August 1st, 2002, 03:27 PM
dunno but i'll research it for ya Tech - if you really want it

;p

LA_MERC_LaTech
August 1st, 2002, 04:12 PM
Yes I do, and thanks.

LaTech

LA_MERC_i||ega|-op
August 1st, 2002, 04:24 PM
The bind for a screenshot is defaulted for the F5 key on the keyboard. Do you want to make it something else?

LA_MERC_LaTech
August 1st, 2002, 05:28 PM
Negative...I just want to know how and where ti stores them!

LaTech

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
August 1st, 2002, 05:28 PM
Never mind Joel....it's mating season on Vulcan and he can't find a ride home.....He's a lil "backed up" if you know what I mean.

Scott :p

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
August 1st, 2002, 05:31 PM
A screen shot stores in your half-life directory as a bmp file. Open it with a photo editor, shrink it by about 25%, save it as a jpg and you're all set to attach it to a thread.

Scott

LA_MERC_i||ega|-op
August 1st, 2002, 05:33 PM
Tech... You can take a screenshot of anything you want while ingame. Just hit the F5 key on the keyboard and it will take a screenshot. You can even drop console and take screenshots. It stores the screenshots in your c:\sierra\counter-strike folder or c:\sierra\half-life folder depending on if you have the full version installed or the mod.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
August 1st, 2002, 11:57 PM
OK.....im my great wisdom I bound to the number keys. Well now I cant buy certain weapons cause it thinks I'm using the scripts.......DUH!!!
How do I unbind?

Scott

Dead
August 2nd, 2002, 12:06 AM
well you can unbind a key by doing bind "key" "" but i dont know how to restore it back to its orginal state - what you really want to do is rebind it to the correct thing.

:(

LA_MERC_i||ega|-op
August 2nd, 2002, 03:03 AM
If you need to restore everything back to its original state, open counter-strike and go to the configuration screen and then controls and reset the commands back to defaults and then try again.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
August 2nd, 2002, 09:38 AM
Yep......that's what I did. Thx Toby

Scott

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
August 2nd, 2002, 09:41 AM
OK, here's a small problem with the bind. It buys the stuff great but it leaves the buy window open. I have to push zero to clear the screen after I buy. Kind of a pain for fast maps like iceworld. I tried adding zero at the end of the script and all it did was make me "vote for option 0" and didnt close the window. Any suggestions or am I stuck? I really like the scripts.....THX DH!

Scott

[[Corvette]]
August 2nd, 2002, 10:15 AM
I never have found a way around that. It's still faster to push 0 than all that other stuff you used to have to do to buy. You can push more than one without clearing the window. you just have to clear the window after you are done buying all your stuff.

eNdOfBeGinNinG
August 2nd, 2002, 10:24 AM
wOOt again ty DH!

LA_MERC_i||ega|-op
August 2nd, 2002, 12:03 PM
BB.. Do you use the old style buy menus or the new GUI menus with the pictures and stuff? If you use the old style menus with just numbers then it will do it sometimes but usually if you switch to pistol and back to knife, it goes away for me. Other than that, let me know and I'll try to hook you up with what I sent SgtJeff. Talk to him see if he likes it.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
August 2nd, 2002, 12:20 PM
I use the default stuff...if you have something else I'd like to try it.

Scott

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==