PDA

View Full Version : Problem With My CS Help Guys THX

Daedelus
July 31st, 2002, 08:17 PM
Didnt there use to be a forum for CPU Problems and tech questions if so iam sorry for putting this here and feel free to move thanks. ohh my problem is i got into my CS file(wich is bad thing for me to touch programs lol)but i saw i had like maps all over in diffretn files and had 2 or 3 files that were counter strike and 2 that were Half life in my main half-life/counter strike file. im no wizz i just keep downloading stuff.well i got in and tryed just moving all the maps to one folder that was for maps and i guese i botched something up.now when i go to load sreen to connect to the server it start connecting me and after a few seconds i get unable to open valve wad(different stuff inserted here)and i get booted out to windows. i have been able to get in once but dont remember wich map not that it makes any diffrence. so i wwwwwrite to my brothers what should i do? I thought i would try and dig out my origonal cs retail disk and just go to our download section and download full install v1.5 well not sure if this will work either so any help would be appreciated. Rodger Out

sorry about the wwwwrite above i get a tremble every once in awhile.

LA_MERC_LaTech
July 31st, 2002, 08:54 PM
Download all the maps again and reinstall them. That's what I would try.

LaTech

LA_MERC_Mercy
July 31st, 2002, 08:59 PM
yeah and if that did not work, then a fresh install of Halflife plus updating to the newest version should do the trick...and also install the maps into your cstrike folder..

Dead
August 1st, 2002, 10:24 AM
I have to say i've seen CS weird out like that for many people - the only thing that i've seen work is a unInstall and reInstall of it. I always tell em to back up the maps folder and the wads in the cstrike root folder.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==