PDA

View Full Version : Help me with my connection problems.

Swampdog
July 30th, 2002, 12:22 PM
Hey People,
Its me Swampdog everyone has played against me. i am a below average CS player but some will say more like i SUCK but anyways do anyone know a program that would tweak my modem or settings that would help me, my connection freezes or lags or even just boots me from the game? some would say get DSL or CAble but i live in the piney woods of beauregard parish LOL.......i tried system mechanic but it dont seem to work to much well if any of yall can help a ole country boy out hook me up.. i need some help over here lol well see yall later

Dead
July 30th, 2002, 02:55 PM
go to www.dslreports.com they have a really good tweak tester and programs to help edit files that will make a big diff. in your latency.

I dunno if they have dial up stuff but i think they do.

MadOne
July 30th, 2002, 03:02 PM
what about cable??

Dead
July 30th, 2002, 03:05 PM
Yea they got tweaks for it.

See in the world of DSL and Cable your using your NIC (Network Interface Card) to connect to you modem (in most cases) by default W!Nd0z3 cuts the amount on the RWIN which it the total throughput of packets that is allowed through at one time. They've got a great tool called ... ummm DRTcp i think it works really good and the tweak test will tell you what you can change to help proformance.

Swampdog
July 30th, 2002, 04:24 PM
ok i will check it out thanks deadhorse

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==