PDA

View Full Version : Robotech

LA_MERC_Dirge
July 30th, 2002, 11:02 AM
Holy Poop on a stick...

Remember this Japanimation classic? My all time favorite anyway. Well, they have finally made a video game based on it. It is available on all 3 platforms and is a cell shaded game. Basically, it is the firggin' cartoon you're playing.

Check out the link below, it has a story with beaucoup pics and movies.

http://cube.ign.com/articles/366/366186p1.html

Here's a couple of screenies:

LA_MERC_Dirge
July 30th, 2002, 11:05 AM
And remember, these are not final game shots. The movies look even better. And the movies are from X-box but are identical to GC.

LA_MERC_Dirge
July 30th, 2002, 11:06 AM
w00t The SDF-1

LA_MERC_Dirge
July 30th, 2002, 11:07 AM
Before it was Anime, it was Japanimation you n00b! Only after the phenomenal success of Robotech did others rush in and create the genre of anime.

:p

LA_MERC_Mercy
July 30th, 2002, 11:23 AM
you got that right...i had the whole series on vhs at one point...man, i hate it but my mom threw all the tapes out when i moved out of the house...i still have one or two tapes around somewhere though...

robotech kicked @ss and it is by far the best series to every come out of Japan IMHO...

man it is good to know that someone else remembers the classics Dirge...and i just may have to get me a console to play it on too...

LA_MERC_Onji
July 30th, 2002, 11:32 AM
bet you could find episodes on kazaa :)

LA_MERC_Mercy
July 30th, 2002, 01:07 PM
yep...i have watched almost all of them, and i do find that some of them are good, but none of them can really exceed the Robotech series...hell there for a while i collected the manga comic about Robotech:Sentiels...damn i wish they would have made the tv shows like they were supposed to...another 175 epsiodes was planned and then they scraped them...doh...

also on the kaazaa, you can find partial episodes, there are not many whole episodes to be had...well at least not in english or japanese with subs...most are in spanish...

LA_MERC_Dirge
July 30th, 2002, 01:47 PM
If anyone is interested, I think I can still dig up my Robotech novels. I had all 12 (I think) of the TV series and the Sentinel series (really good, advanced Sci-fi).

LA_MERC_Mercy
July 30th, 2002, 02:08 PM
hey i would love to give them a read Dirge...any way i could get a couple from you?

LA_MERC_Dirge
July 30th, 2002, 03:22 PM
Yeah, lemme find 'em. They're either here in NOLA or at my parent's in SHV. I'll find 'em.

Omega_Prime
July 30th, 2002, 06:26 PM
guys im sorry but they look like a transformers rip off, just my opinion. but i bet the game would be kinda cool who knows.

LA_MERC_Dirge
July 30th, 2002, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by LA_MERC_Omega_Prime
guys im sorry but they look like a transformers rip off, just my opinion. but i bet the game would be kinda cool who knows.

LMAO Omega these guys were around lightyears before the Transformers. I'm pretty certain they were the inspiration for the Transformers. These came out in the late 70's aboutish I think.

LA_MERC_Mercy
July 30th, 2002, 07:11 PM
first come out in 1977 i think...that was about 10 yrs prior to transformers

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==