PDA

View Full Version : Slam Ball

K-BOMB
July 29th, 2002, 09:50 PM
OMG, I just caught a game of Slam Ball on TNN...

It's basically basketball with giant trampolines, but the court is surrounded by plexi-glass, and hockey-style checks are allowed.

I'll admit it's just another extreme sports gimmick, but it's pretty entertaining watching a guy dunk it from just inside the 3 point line, while jumping completely over the defender! Reminds me of NBA Jam :)

LA_MERC_Dirge
July 29th, 2002, 10:02 PM
WTH? Put down the crack pipe man, I think you're hallucinating!

LA_MERC_Mercy
July 30th, 2002, 04:45 AM
nah...he is not...i caught it too and man it is sweet..here is the basic premise of it,

there are 4 trampolines around the goal on either end and the guys just come out and bounce on them to try and dunk...a dunk gets 3points and all...man it was sweet...the diablos vs the mob..

they play a 16min game with 2 8 minute halfs...you get fouled, then you and the person that fouled you have a face off where he tries to block your dunk, and on top of that your team gets the ball back after the face off for another shot at scoring..

it was damn entertaining to say the least, hell even my wife thought it was kewl

LA_MERC_Sniper
July 30th, 2002, 05:37 AM
yeah i saw it too it was coolthink im gonna start ag ame in my backyard lol

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
July 30th, 2002, 07:28 AM
I was half paying attention to it.....it was ok. It will die like the XFL though. Can't see it getting a huge fan base especially since the games are taped. There was some cool stuff though.

Scott

MadOne
July 30th, 2002, 07:57 AM
i have to agree with BB it will fade..but wouldnt it be cool to slam some people around on that thing?lol

LA_MERC_Sniper
July 30th, 2002, 01:30 PM
yeah i think it will fade as well bu t its cool while its here lots of high flying dunks lol

Lexian
August 2nd, 2002, 09:17 PM
i see it as a American Gladiators meets NBA... it has a 50/50 shot really... most the people who actually watch TNN would probably enjoy it... :P

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==