PDA

View Full Version : Ut 2003

IamTylerDurden
July 24th, 2002, 04:45 PM
Figured we could start talk about this up.

Heres something you might enjoy reading...

"Some dude named Trapoon has made a forum post detailing his thoughts on UT2003 after getting the opportunity to play it at CPL's Epic Workshop. Here's some excerpts:
Something else that I saw and liked was how player locations were implented. When someone on your team grabs the flag, in the top left corner of the screen it shows the FC's name and location as runs with the flag. So you ALWAYS have his location present on your screen. Great feature imo. Same thing appears when you run your crosshair over a teamate. Also, they decided to give the character skins colors AND lit beacons, instead of just the shoulder beacons seen in previous builds.
They also added a spirit-type effect after players die. A couple seconds after someone dies you see a cool green effect of their body raise up and fade off. Looks really nice.

The karma engine is easily one of the nicest features I've seen in a game. At first I thought that Karma only applied to character physics after dying, but that's not it at all. After watching their demonstrations at the workshop, you understand that it's a lot more complex. The Karms engine 'can' be applied to ANY object in the game. Another thing amazing to see is how particles are affected when hit or moved. Shooting your gun at different particles effects their movement, etc. You'll understand a little more after watching the video. The type of things that can be done are absolutely stunning to see. I can't wait to see what the mod community does with it.

All Cliffy would tell us about the demo is that "it's close". As for the full version, he says "it should be out while the weather is still warm". "

GO TO <a href="http://WWW.PLANETUNREAL.COM">Planet Unreal</a> for all the gory details!!!!

IamTylerDurden
July 24th, 2002, 05:52 PM
nah... the programmers have asked that you not do that... its missing a TON of stuff... so I havent...

[lag]DikDstrdly
July 25th, 2002, 02:51 PM
I have a "private and confidential" demo of it that has about 3 playable levels on it. This is different from the beta release, though. In any case, it looks mighty fine...can't wait for the release.

IamTylerDurden
August 1st, 2002, 03:53 PM
Got my G4 now I just want the demo!

-FA- Th|3f
August 26th, 2002, 11:50 AM
don't let them talk you out of it*did i do that right*

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==