PDA

View Full Version : Lans

LA_MERC_Dirge
July 24th, 2002, 02:30 PM
Dancing Girls. Definitely Dancing Girls!

bighead
July 24th, 2002, 03:09 PM
dancing topless girls more like it

Noxious
July 24th, 2002, 03:12 PM
Ya, the girls.
And more comfortable chairs.
so radio doesnt have to steal mine.

LA_MERC_RiverRat
July 24th, 2002, 03:54 PM
at a lan - BRING YO OWN CHAIR f00 - dang n00bs I tell ya.....

MadOne
July 24th, 2002, 04:24 PM
How about the H00ters Girls? I know that Dirge might have some connections there after our last trip....

IamTylerDurden
July 24th, 2002, 04:31 PM
fOOD!!! LOTS OF fOOD!! OreO'S!!!!

MadOne
July 24th, 2002, 05:03 PM
OREO'S?????

HOT WINGS

IamTylerDurden
July 24th, 2002, 05:49 PM
HOT WINGS AND OREOS!!!

Crazy White Boy
July 24th, 2002, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by LA_MERC_Intimid8tor
at a lan - BRING YO OWN CHAIR f00 - dang n00bs I tell ya.....

cough omega cough

he stole my chair at Yesterday's lan :(

cd
July 24th, 2002, 06:13 PM
lmao... everyone stole chairs at that lan.. by Omega had to be comfortable when he was looking at ban...errr

LA_MERC_RiverRat
July 24th, 2002, 06:16 PM
90% of the places I have checked so far to hold BFF will not allow outside food or drinks to be brought in - BAWLS is an exception at some of them because BAWLS is a sponsor...The Monroe Civic Center was the closest to offer up what we needed to host the event so far, however their price is out of our league right now - unless you n00bs would start freakin payin - I know a lot of you have paid so far and we thank you....LOL

MRBIG85
July 25th, 2002, 11:37 AM
well I rember There was A paper bag Quake 3 match at one of the DAGL LANS that was preety cool.what you do is 2 peaple pare up.one one person has the bag over there head[this one sits at the PC] and one person is there"eyes" and tells the what to do.It was a lot of fun.and the winners got some little prize.Well a room that does not let any light in cause no one likes a glare on there monitor.I think letting peaple bring speakers is a good idea.having a place that has a strong breaker and lots of power outlets.And if you could get coke or pepsi to sponsor yall you could get some soda fountains for the participants.Oh and some way to close off the registering desk from the main computer room[to keep out unwanted peapleout,like peaples parents].a drawing for the particepants,and cash przes for the winners of the tournaments.which reminds me,A counterstrike,Jedi knight 2 ,and maybe a Quake 3 tounnament.Oh and depending on how many peaple,a bottle of bawls for every paying partcipant.plus coffe for the guests.You should let peaple bring food to eat with them.A projector to show what is going on in the server is cool to.some were for peaple to sleep is good too.

LA_MERC_Dirge
July 25th, 2002, 11:38 AM
Hey guys, Yankee may have access to an LCD projector. We hooked it up to my laptop and the laptop to the stereo once and the mayhem was outta control!

Crazy White Boy
July 25th, 2002, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Corbin Dallas
...Omega had to be comfortable when he was looking at ban...errr

lmao, pwned!

LA_MERC_Dirge
July 25th, 2002, 07:38 PM
LOL @ Vicious You n00b! This projector is perfect reproduction of your computer screen. Trust me, we did it. We watched DVD's on it through the laptop. Saweet

MRBIG85
July 26th, 2002, 06:42 PM
the only reason it would look crappy is if it runs crappy on the pc.it has nothing to do with the projector.

LA_MERC_Dirge
July 26th, 2002, 07:07 PM
We can hook it up to someone else's ya know. There is this cool new feature called video out on a lot of video cards, have ya heard of it? And I'm telling you, this is resistance training for until next March when I get a new desktop.

MRBIG85
August 4th, 2002, 09:38 AM
I have allready said some things at the begining of this post

SnAkEbItE
August 4th, 2002, 06:11 PM
I would love to be at the big lan in Monroe if I'm off that weeknd. I would also like to have a lan here in Shreveport if anyone is interested. Nothing big like in Monroe just a local deal...

LA_MERC_Dirge
August 4th, 2002, 09:16 PM
/me shakes head at Perm

Well at least he's trying! :stick

Dangerous
August 5th, 2002, 11:54 AM
Dangerous is in the house. w00t
:blue:

LA_MERC_Onji
August 5th, 2002, 12:19 PM
1. Projectors are a plus.
2. a DHCP network is heaven.
3. in house webpage (explaing rules, tourney status, files, etc...)
4. having network cable provided for you
5. renting/selling equipment for those that forgot something (nic, keyboard, mouse etc...)
6. have an area for the players to sell/trade their used hardware.
7. having soda's provided for you is a plus
8. having a place to crash, (for those tho drove in from out of town and do not want to front the cost of a hotel room
9. having name badges provided.
10. 24/7 rocks
11. security
12. staff that walks around and helps out the n00b's
13. free stuff (anything), people love free stuff
14. have a seperate room set up with chairs and a projector, for spectating the tourney finals, so the people playing cannot look up at the projector and see where everyone is, plus people cheering etc is a distraction to the ones in the tourney.

Hope this helped, i'll add more when i think of anyting.

LA_MERC_RiverRat
August 5th, 2002, 01:17 PM
onji - I am working on an in house page for BFF - get with me on that one....the rest looks good

MRBIG85
August 6th, 2002, 11:42 AM
if you could some how broadcast live from the event to your "radio station"on the net that would be realy cool.then all the peaple who could no be there could listen.also a live webcam would realy rock.if you were able to do it

LA_MERC_Onji
August 6th, 2002, 12:08 PM
good suggestions man, i completely forgot about webcams/broadcasts

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==