PDA

View Full Version : Leadership Of Ps2

LA_MERC_Dirge
July 24th, 2002, 07:45 AM
Now here's a topic that needs to be peed on!!!!

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
July 24th, 2002, 07:51 AM
LMAO! Y'all best stay out of my XBOX forum. Wouldn't want you cluttering up such a fine place. :D

Scott

LA_MERC_Dirge
July 24th, 2002, 02:37 PM
Awwww... Ya don't want us in there? Who else is going to go to the X-Box forum???? LOL :p

IamTylerDurden
July 24th, 2002, 04:35 PM
Ummm I WILL... cus XBOX ROX!

and thats where they keep the HALO!

K-BOMB
July 25th, 2002, 06:23 AM
:ak47: ps2 :rocket:

:shoot xbox :mg*****:

I can already see that I'll have to drop a few K-BOMBs in these forums ;)

Seriously, I think the separate forums are a good idea...

LA_MERC_Mercy
July 25th, 2002, 06:39 AM
yep..that is why i did it that way...

terror
August 9th, 2002, 12:54 AM
hmmm is ther any 1 that has all 3?
i do :)

K-BOMB
August 9th, 2002, 05:56 AM
That's exactly how I feel Vicious, except I have a GameCube. This is not a flame, just my opinion. I owned the N64, PS1, and DC. Loved the N64, loved the DC, hated the PS1. Most of the PS games that got so much hype were just bad IMHO. I liked Resident Evil and Grand Turismo. RE is now GC-exclusive, and I'll take Waverace over GT anyday. Sega had some good games on DC - and their sports games really raised the bar. Now Sega is supporting all three consoles. It seems they have given more support to the X-Box, but so far, most of their games are the same games I played on DC two years ago!

I will probably get an X-Box or PS2 when the prices come down (maybe). By that time, there might be a more compelling reason to get one. But, right now, I refuse to buy an XBox just to play Halo (especially since I'll be able to play it on my PC soon, and online), and I refuse to buy a PS2 just to play GTA3 (again, which I can play on my PC if I like).

Just curious, which are your favorite games for PS2? While I try to follow all the consoles, I'm sure I've missed a good game or two.

Later...

K-BOMB
August 9th, 2002, 04:29 PM
I'm totally willing to admit that GT was a great car racing simulator - I even owned it for PS1. The gameplay and physics model were very well done. I'm assuming you're talking about the PS2 version when it comes to graphics, and from what I've seen, they are very nice - the PS1 version left a bit to be desired. But, at the end of the day, it was just another car driving game (albeit a VERY good one). The thing I liked about Waverace was it was DIFFERENT. The water physics were absolutely incredible - only matched by those in the sequel on the Gamecube. No other game on any system re-creates the feel of actually racing a jet-ski like Waverace - others have tried and failed, quite miserably I might add.

The other games you mentioned were very decent indeed. Funny thing is, I already owned Ready to Rumble 2 on the Dreamcast, and I have Madden and SSX Tricky (awesome game IMHO) on the GameCube. This has been my point all along - a lot of the decent third party titles are on all three systems. Hell, Microsoft is funding the development of a lot of third party games with no strings attached - then the developers go and publish them on the other two systems a month later. Like I've said before, there's only one place you can play Mario, Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, and more - and that's on the Cube.

As far as the CD tray not working - that is a bummer. Unfortunately, you're not the first person I've heard this happen to. I've also heard of the PS2 scratching the discs - rendering them useless. Did you ever have to turn your PS1 upside down to keep it from overheating? I did :) And I won't even mention the XBox "Green Screen of Death"...oops, I just did.

terror
August 10th, 2002, 04:54 PM
i did turn the PS1 upside down for about a week then i got 1 of them colling things that goes under the PS1.

K-BOMB
August 11th, 2002, 08:08 AM
Agreed :)

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==