PDA

View Full Version : NEW Bayou FragFest Poll

LA_MERC_RiverRat
July 18th, 2002, 05:20 PM
Sorry guys - Please cast your votes on the above dates on when you would be able to attend. These are the only dates available to us right now.

------------------
Due to circumstances beyond our control and with the change of management where we were going to hold the event, Bayou FragFest is being postponed.

No dates are set yet and we dont have a solid venue. Please continue to register for this event and get your friends to do the same. I will keep everyone updated as we begin to get a more solid schedule. If you do register and when the date is announced you will not be able to attend, your fee will be refunded.

I have posted this poll to see when the most gamers would be able to attend. Please choose the weekend that you would like to see the tournament on.

We apologize for yet another delay in having this event. However, with the dates we had chosen, we also were not getting enough response to hold it at that time.

Thanks and we hope to see you there.

Bayou FragFest 2002 Staff

Metallion
July 18th, 2002, 05:37 PM
Sept 20th looks like the best date actually...it's not too far into the school quarter/semester so the work load on everyone won't be too heavy...this will also give SGU time to hit all the high schools and colleges at their full capacity. Right now we're blitzing Tech and ULM but no one is really on campus. Plus this isn't a long postponement...I think the major thing is marketing this to the high schools and colleges. I think a large scale blitz the first days of classes will work.

Apocalypse
July 18th, 2002, 05:38 PM
*cough *Mid December would be great* cough* :)

Metallion
July 18th, 2002, 05:40 PM
that's CPL and the holidays...a lot of people are going to be out of town or just busy and also it will be hard to get new sponsors to commit with CPL so close to those dates.

MRBIG85
July 18th, 2002, 05:46 PM
Good Lord.I have heard this before. that realy sucks.in all fairness How can we besure that the next time that a date is set that it will not happen again.The peaple at the WM covention center are no good

Metallion
July 18th, 2002, 06:33 PM
The reason it has been postponed is due to lack of interest (ie. hardly anyone signed up and even fewer of those actually paid). A big reason for this is that everyone is at home or at work and we simply cannot reach them. What is one common place that everyone is forced to go every day? School. Well hardly anyone is at school during the summer so we missed that market :( The next date we will be able to hit that market and hit it hard. I have a friend that got 60 people to his LAN in my hometown (sort of small city out side of New Orleans) with just High School and University promotion.

The event will happen at the new date...rest assured that the only real problem with the previous date is that it wasn't finalized in time to hit the school market before they dismissed for the summer.

IamTylerDurden
July 18th, 2002, 09:00 PM
either of the september dats would work well for me!

Noxious
July 19th, 2002, 04:27 PM
b00n

LA_MERC_darkprowess
July 19th, 2002, 06:31 PM
i can attend whenever so it doesn't matter to me as ussual...

MRBIG85
July 21st, 2002, 07:01 PM
Have Yall ever though about using the Knights of columbus hall?
I dont know what there calender looks like,but you might want to give it some thought if WMCC does not work out.DAGL and WAD2K used it many times for LANs.Some yall Have been to to the LANs there.It might not be as "new" as the WMCC.but you dont have to worry about the breaker being tripped every 5 min.

LA_MERC_RiverRat
July 21st, 2002, 07:32 PM
only problem with them is that they are more expensive...$700 per day

MRBIG85
July 21st, 2002, 07:46 PM
I dont know about the rest of everyone but I would be willing to Pay a little more. I would even go as far as to "donate" About 200 Dollars too.

LA_MERC_RiverRat
July 24th, 2002, 02:33 PM
are you that serious MrBig????

MadOne
July 24th, 2002, 04:18 PM
Yeah I checked into that as well...they are alot cheaper, however they are booked solid from now until the cows come home. We are looking into some other area's to have it as well. This is not a cheap endeavor. This cost way more than what alot of people think. If you would like to make a "donation" to the cause that would help out dramaticly. IF someone does donate, we will do something for that person. NOT sure what that would be, however we will do something..

if you make donations please make them out to

LA_MERC
297 Rose St #5
Simsboro La

Thanks.

LA_MERC_RiverRat
July 24th, 2002, 06:06 PM
yes - we are checking around at as many places as we can think of - basically right now we are taking bids and trying to find a place who is the cheapest. Then we will set the dates.

MRBIG85
July 25th, 2002, 11:47 AM
I was serious there intimid8tor just give time to get the funds

LA_MERC_RiverRat
July 25th, 2002, 11:49 AM
kewl man - it will be much appreciated

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==