PDA

View Full Version : Gilligan...er...Dirge

LA_MERC_Diesel
July 15th, 2002, 10:53 AM
Dirge, I know your originally from Shreveport(area), but when you look outside and see(attached) :eek: then that means go play CS or something else, DO NOT go fishing in the Gulf :D j/k glad your o.k.

All kiding aside, I just wanted to thank all the LA_MERC's for their hospitality and sportsmanship. Playing on your server has been a blast, and reading the forums are hilarious. Especially want to thank, Dirge(fellow techster), for advising me to get on the server.
Yes I am a n00b at CS, and my @$$ is handed to me often, but it is a lot of fun playing w/ you guys.
:d:
Mike

LA_MERC_Dirge
July 15th, 2002, 11:11 AM
Bah, that'll blow over in time. Of course, it took an hour for us! LOL That looks like one of the lighter storms of the 10 we went through during the weekend.

LA_MERC_Dirge
July 15th, 2002, 03:31 PM
Okay I dl'ed some of my pics. Here is one of the 3rd storm to hit us on Saturday. that is our basecamp with the tents.

LA_MERC_Dirge
July 15th, 2002, 03:32 PM
Here is another of the same storm, I decided to retreat to camp when the lightning started.

LA_MERC_Dirge
July 15th, 2002, 03:33 PM
here is what one of the storms did to the tents. The tents actually suffered worse than this, one of the poles snapped in half from the wind on the downed tent.

LA_MERC_Dirge
July 16th, 2002, 06:30 AM
Well, the weather called for calm seas and a "slight" chance of afternoon storms. We were on the island for about 6 hours before this stuff came up. And to answer your question, I was fishing in the Aluminum boat anchored in the surf when I took that top pic. That is why I headed back toward camp. We basically got as low as possible and waited. Fun fun, who wants to go with me next time??????

Crazy White Boy
July 16th, 2002, 12:51 PM
Im There Dude

LA_MERC_RiverRat
July 16th, 2002, 01:00 PM
Im wit ya....I LOVE me some stormages

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==