PDA

View Full Version : America's Army

LA_MERC_Dirge
July 3rd, 2002, 07:19 AM
Hey guys, check this link out. This is a FREE game (that's right I said free) coming out. If you like CS, you might like this.

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/previews/0,10869,2873293,00.html

Did I mention its FREE?

LA_MERC_Onji
July 3rd, 2002, 07:26 AM
yeah man its using the new UT2003 engine, i thought it was going to look rushed, but it looks awsome, watch the video if you havent already. cant wait, first installment comes out July 4th

MadOne
July 4th, 2002, 04:17 PM
Onji where is the download site at??? come on man, post the link..

LA_MERC_Dirge
July 4th, 2002, 04:54 PM
Dude this game rocks. I played it this morning at my budduies, and it is uber realistic. When you are looking through the gun sights, your character breathes and the movement is depenedent on his position. w0w

[[Corvette]]
July 4th, 2002, 05:57 PM
DF3: Land Warrior did that too. Snipers rifles bobbed a lot if you were standing up, slightly if you were crouched, and not at all if you were prone. Plus the shots in DF3 were influenced by wind.

IamTylerDurden
July 4th, 2002, 07:14 PM
SO WE GONNA START PLAYING THIS OR WHAT?

LA_MERC_Onji
July 4th, 2002, 10:52 PM
its already on the news :)

MadOne
July 5th, 2002, 06:38 AM
You my Freind are the BOMB

MadOne
July 5th, 2002, 06:41 AM
I cant get it :( , there must be every red blooded american in the world downloading this game. LOL

LA_MERC_Onji
July 5th, 2002, 07:23 AM
Mark, use the link on the news page man, the file is actually on our server.

http://www.lamerc.com/files/games/ArmyOpsRecon.exe

LA_MERC_Onji
July 5th, 2002, 07:41 AM
Here is a pretty funny writeup from a player on the reason that this is free:

BRAINWASHED
They start you out with this "demo" that you can download. You get hooked, so you eagerly call your local Army recruiter for the full version of the game released on CD.

They now have your phone number and address.

You impatiently wait for the CD to arrive in the mail, and once you have it in your grubby paws, you install it and you are in again. You master the game, gaining skills as time passes. You are more hooked than ever. Weeks later, as your addiction grows to new levels, the Army calls you and asks if you want to "play" in a more high tech virtual realtity "game" that they have at the base. This version of the game requires virtual reality headmounted displays in addition to VR suit that captures your physical movement. Without thinking you make an appointment to "play" the more extensive version of the game at the Army base.

They now have you.

The following day you arrive at the Army base, enter the VR room and they gear you up with the VR headset and suit. You are so hooked on the game that you just want to play. Once you enter this version of the game you see just how much more "high-tech" it truely is. Its nearly like real life. Of course, most of your skills from the home version of the game transfer, but there still is a bit of relearning to do. Within a few hours its all in your grasp. You are owning the other "players".

At the end of the day, the Army recruiter asks if you want to continue to "play". Thinking back to the home version of the game you realize that you could never go back to that primitive version again. The Army's VR version is far more addictive. Again, without thinking you sign the papers.

You are now a soldier in the USA Army. It doesn't take the Army much longer to weed you from the VR simulators into real life combat simulations. Of course you have to put lots of effort towards getting into physical shape, but you don't care anymore. You are hooked more than ever, and because your skills from the VR simulator transfer fairly well into the real life "simulations", you are owning everyone else.

You are the USA's killing machine. It all started with a downloaded demo, which was followed by a full version of the "game". After that you were playing a billion dollar VR "game", and before you knew it, you were splitting skullz of anyone the USA government asked you to "pacify". -Selfist

LA_MERC_LaTech
July 5th, 2002, 07:47 AM
Sounds like someone is upset that they didn't come up with the game first.

LaTech

LA_MERC_Diesel
July 5th, 2002, 11:43 AM
:shoot Just completed Boot Camp and the first training mission, it rocks. The Damage, sound, movement, and look is ultra realistic. If you are playing, be patient with the first training mission, as everyone is trying to go through it in order to complete Boot Camp.

:iwo

LA_MERC_Onji
July 5th, 2002, 02:28 PM
omg, have you guys read the server rules on the official site? heres the link:

http://www.americasarmy.com/ops/news/tserverrules.php

this is my favorite part

Any and all threats against the server, including attempts to hack, crash, or flood a server, actual or implied, are instant grounds for removal and can result in legal action. Come on, this is the U.S. Army you're messing with! Be smart.

Cheaters beware hehe

Crazy White Boy
July 5th, 2002, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by The U.S. Army
Names

A derogatory or slanderous name that involves <b>race</b>, <b>gender</b>, sexual preference, religion or creed can and will be grounds for immediate removal, with or without warning.

I guess i cant use 'CrazyWhiteBoy' :(

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==