PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield 1943 and Bad Company 2 Announced for the PC!

LA_MERC_Onji
February 5th, 2009, 08:32 AM
http://www.shacknews.com/laryn.x?story=57100

Well i'ts not at all what I expected, I thought they would stay with the modern battlefield scene. Maybe this is something to tide us over till a true BF2 sequel comes, but i do have to say BF1942 was really fun. I can see this one being fun too, main reason NO FKIN JETS! lol

Looks like Battlefield Bad Company 2 will be on PC as well as consoles, not sure about this one yet.

Both games will be on the new Frostbite engine

"I need a greasemonkey!"

LA_MERC_Onji
February 5th, 2009, 08:48 AM
Trailer has been posted, classic gameplay on wake island, but prettier:
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DTu5AgY03c0&hl=en&fs=1&ap=%2526fmt%3D22"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DTu5AgY03c0&hl=en&fs=1&ap=%2526fmt%3D22" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

LA_MERC_YellowDog
February 5th, 2009, 09:06 AM
Humm, From what I just saw in the trailer does this mean the environment is going to be more reactive? Like falling trees, bamboo, dirt, ground, and such.... more along the lines of what Crisis was trying to accomplish?

LA_MERC_DocSparky
February 5th, 2009, 09:10 AM
Well, well, well.. I've definitely got mixed feelings (cue background music). Hey, it's pretty cool to be getting anything new on the PC from the Battlefield franchise. I was really hoping that it was going to be BF3. I will agree that it will be nice to not have jets, but something else will take its place (raw pwnage on me) you can bet. I never got into BF1942, so this is my chance I suppose. I'm luvin BF:Bad Company on the 360 right now, so that's a pretty solid release. So it looks like next year is the one that will bring the goods, but this Summer got a little more interesting.

BTW, if you have a 360 or PS3 you can pick up Bad Company for < $30 at NewEgg. It's well worth it for even the single player action.

LA_MERC_DocSparky
February 5th, 2009, 09:13 AM
Humm, From what I just saw in the trailer does this mean the environment is going to be more reactive? Like falling trees, bamboo, dirt, ground, and such.... more along the lines of what Crisis was trying to accomplish?

Oh yea, definitely. All of this is in Bad Company on the consoles and it is pretty sweet. It will definitely change the way people camp at spots.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
February 5th, 2009, 09:17 AM
Ok.. Thanks Onji!! Will this bring some of our gang back? You boys just give me the sign I'll buy anything you Noobs are playing.. Console gaming.. I don't know, I start to open that can of worms around here no telling what Reagan will want to do... Having to ration the DS now...

Give me the word!!

Wetz

LA_MERC_LaTech
February 5th, 2009, 09:36 AM
I need to go home and change my shorts.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
February 5th, 2009, 01:36 PM
Yeah... that rocks the house... I'm in.. When is it ready?

LA_MERC_DocSparky
February 12th, 2009, 03:58 PM
I've been playing some of the Bad Company MP. I'd say this has raised my expectations for BC2 on the PC. It has squads, but fewer classes. You unlock different items to use within the 3 classes. For instance there isn't a true medic class, but you unlock medic capabilities (equip) through ranking similar to bf2142. Destroying everything is cool also. Woot!

LA_MERC_DocSparky
February 26th, 2009, 06:25 AM
New Battlefield 1943 interview (http://gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=22412) out there.

Looks like 3 maps and ~ cost of $15. When? Summer 2009.

Also: Bad Company 2 will be out this year and will have a large single player part of the game.

We shall see. It would be nice to have a few more people on at night playing. The crickets are really starting to get to me.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==