PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty: World at War

LA_MERC_DocSparky
December 23rd, 2008, 08:05 AM
I got this game for my birthday. It has four player co-op as well as an online setup similar to COD4:MW. If anyone else gets it, post your online profile name so we can try some Co-op. I prefer the modern era graphics to the WWII graphics, but this is a nice change of pace from the Zombie killing. At least some variety.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
December 23rd, 2008, 10:25 AM
Is it worth the price DOC?

Toggling Between zombies and soldiers sounds like a good idea :)

LA_MERC_DocSparky
December 23rd, 2008, 10:42 AM
It's very similar to the style of other Call of Duty games (which is an okay thing to me). It has some vehicles that you can jump in as well (which is a new thing). The cool thing for me is that it has Co-op in the single player part of the game. The multi-player stuff is good (played it for hours last night) as well. Is it worth it? Depends on how much you like FPSs. I can be in a game within 60 seconds or so. It works well for me.

I still play a lot of the COD4 Modern Warfare if people prefer that. I guess I'm just a run-n-gun kind of gamer.

LA_MERC_LaTech
December 23rd, 2008, 10:48 AM
I played the PS3 version the other day and it was pretty good. Same idea as the other versions (linear progression through level, shoot, shoot shoot, get to objectives). It's back in WWII this time, but in the Pacific Theater, by the levels I played anyway.

Don't know the differences between PC and PS3 versions, though.

LA_MERC_johncst
December 24th, 2008, 10:08 PM
so pc and ps3 can plat together

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
December 25th, 2008, 02:05 AM

Nope

LA_MERC_YellowDog
December 25th, 2008, 07:09 AM

Surely you jest!!! You pathetic fool!!!

I should dispatch you for even boasting such and idea!!

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==