PDA

View Full Version : New MOBO, now Sound issues...

LA_MERC_Wetzny
November 13th, 2008, 02:32 PM
The MOBO I had placed in my system is a Asus A8V-E SE.. Before you start Railing on me for it remember I was OUT of town when my previous board bit the dust and I dropped my system off at a local NON-GEEK squad shop of diagnostics and ultimately repairs...

The issue is now instead of my sweet arse sound card running my sound, I think the on board sound has control, as such my MIC level is weak, sound is good the problem is most CANT hear me... Now when I go to the icon near my clock I get some complicated mess of ASUS equalizer crap I can't figure out...

I want to boost my Mic for TS and can't figure it OUT!!! HELP... a RETARD...

Thanks and see you in the game....

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
November 13th, 2008, 02:44 PM
Do you have an external sound card or onboard sound? If you have both, you can just disable the onboard sound in the bios. If you go into your sound and audio devices properties, you can then select which device you want to play sound or record with. Make sure the proper device is selected

LA_MERC_Wetzny
November 13th, 2008, 03:41 PM
I have a Sound Blaster X-Fi card....

LA_MERC_LaTech
November 13th, 2008, 03:49 PM
Yeah, disable the onboard stuff and then go to control panel sounds and check which device its using. After disabling it, it should be your card and then should work...in theory. heh

LA_MERC_Wetzny
November 13th, 2008, 05:14 PM
Thanks brothers.. should be right as rain now...

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
November 14th, 2008, 08:46 AM
If that doesn't fix the issue, there is the boost mic under advanced settings in XP. I will grab a SS.

http://theerook.gotdns.org/uploads/mic_boost.JPG

LA_MERC_YellowDog
November 14th, 2008, 11:15 AM
Thats where I was trying to et him too last night.. but I lost'em before we could get that far.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==