PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

LA_MERC_LaTech
September 17th, 2008, 05:31 PM
So...I got this game to play on the PS3 I bought on Monday (which freakin rocks, by the way...). Haven't gotten that far into the game, but it seems to take place shortly after movie 3 and before 4. You start off playing as Vader, of all people...and you get to hack up some Wookies for a while. Then you take over as another character and proceed along kinda like you did in Jedi Knight etc. I don't really know what the graphics are supposed to look like on a PS3 yet (the only other game I've been playing is Timeshift...and it's ok)...but the sounds, and game play are good so far.

LA_MERC_DocSparky
September 17th, 2008, 05:38 PM
My boys are playing the Wii version. The graphics aren't as slick as those on the demo for the 360, but you get to use the Wii controls which make things much more interactive. So far that has been a great motivator for getting them to take care of their chores.

LA_MERC_Mercy
September 17th, 2008, 09:45 PM
same here Doc....i got the wii version for my birthday and it is fun, but i must be getting old, after an hour of playing, my arms get tired :D

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
September 18th, 2008, 12:18 AM
I want to get the version for the Wii. Is it really fun.

Mercy, did you dress in costume? :stick

LA_MERC_johncst
September 18th, 2008, 05:11 AM
lol i will be getting the wii version soon but my son keep f-ing up his grades

LA_MERC_sLingbLade
September 18th, 2008, 06:22 AM
gonna have to check it out.

LA_MERC_LaTech
September 18th, 2008, 07:16 AM
Sling, meant to tell you, my screen name is latech76...

LA_MERC_Spark
September 18th, 2008, 08:00 AM
my son came to we the other day and told me that the game was finally out and he really wants it.. that and lego batman. Guess I'll be headed to the store soon :D

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
September 18th, 2008, 08:09 AM
How many possible players on the Wii?

sLing's House.....whiskey/vodka.......my Wii......and a few remotes....?

LA_MERC_DocSparky
September 18th, 2008, 09:00 AM
Playing SWFU is much better on the widescreen TVs. With all of the force effects, the extra screen space really makes it look nice. I find it to be a little too dark (screen brightness, although the themes are dark as well) so a better screen will help the visuals as well. In dual mode, you can only have 2 people fighting so no need to bring too many wiimotes.

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
September 18th, 2008, 09:14 AM
Ah man that suxors. I think they should have made a 4 player version.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
September 18th, 2008, 12:46 PM
Wii version totally rocks, I LOVE IT!

Chi_Townz
September 18th, 2008, 05:14 PM
lot i will be getting the wii version soon but my son keep f-ing up his grades

Hahahahahah, John that's awesome.. What you should do though is buy it and play the damn thing in front of him. Tell him he can take over when the grades are up... LOL

That wouldn't be right would it...

LA_MERC_LaTech
September 18th, 2008, 06:10 PM
Don't know how to judge how far into the game I am...I just left the Wookie planet and am going to rescue someone (dont want to spoil anything)

LA_MERC_Heater
September 18th, 2008, 06:38 PM
QQ where is the stinking Computer version!!!

LA_MERC_Shadow
September 19th, 2008, 11:56 AM
just got the wii version and having a blast

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
September 19th, 2008, 02:45 PM
how much you all paying for the Wii version?

LA_MERC_LaTech
September 19th, 2008, 09:10 PM
Beat it this morning. Really good game...short play time though. Or, was for me.

LA_MERC_Dirge
September 20th, 2008, 07:03 AM
Playing through the xbox version now, then will switch to the wii version. Game is really fun. Just rescued the blind general... Doesn't seem that I am too far away from the end now. Very fun, great storyline.

Best Star Wars game since Dark Forces imo.

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
September 22nd, 2008, 02:57 PM
So how does the Wii interface with the game. I saw Tech's P3 game version and I was wondering if it is worth going to the Wii version?

LA_MERC_LaTech
September 22nd, 2008, 02:58 PM
Would have to agree with you Dirge...excellent story and graphics. My only complaint is the length of the story...it is a bit short.

LA_MERC_Dirge
September 24th, 2008, 07:21 AM
Just finished this game on the Xbox. Fun fun fun. Frustrating at times due to restricted camera angles on bosses, but overall very fun. I wish they would have had more puzzles and maybe some more smah em bash em. Storyline is great, gives you a peek into the gap between episodes 3 & 4.

The bad side is tha tthese guys (and Jedi Knight characters) have so many cool force powers that are rarely seen, if ever, in the movies. OF course I know it's easier to show those things and add things later in video games, but it makes you wish you could see a REAL Jedi-Sith battle. One last thing, the whole Jedi not killing a Sith thing is cheese sauce. "He's suffered enough" or "IT will lead you to the dark side" pfffft

That would be like not killing Hitler in 1941...

lol anyway I digress, super fun game. I haven't yelled and enjoyed a game like that in a long time. Glad I picked it up, now for some wii action! w00t

LA_MERC_Dirge
September 24th, 2008, 07:21 AM
oh yeah, thanks for turning me on to this game. Evidently the xbox is good for something other than rock band and scene-it! rofl

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==