PDA

View Full Version : Google Chrome

LA_MERC_Shadow
September 9th, 2008, 10:05 PM
Anyone seen or used this yet? Just wondering. I saw it the other day in the paper of all things.

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
September 9th, 2008, 10:54 PM
It is alright. Simplistic just like Google. Keeps visited windows available for quick linking.

I will report more later.

Chi_Townz
September 10th, 2008, 06:59 AM
A friend of mine used it, said its resembles fire fox. Haven't tried it myself.

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
September 10th, 2008, 09:06 AM
been using it since the day it came out. I like it. clean, simplistic, has some great features. however, it's missing quite a few things too. (like a way to organize your bookmarks, customizing the toolbars/buttons, etc.) it's a step in the right direction, they just need to bring the other foot forward too.

LA_MERC_Shadow
September 10th, 2008, 12:08 PM
The article said that google knows it has a few more major features to add.

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
September 10th, 2008, 01:10 PM
You mean like a button to get to your home page? LOL not sure why they left that one off to begin with.

I love the address bar, the visual history, the side bar with recent bookmarks, etc. it's just not a finished product yet.

LA_MERC_DocSparky
September 10th, 2008, 02:01 PM
I was looking for the Home button as well. I finally found a setting in the options that shows it. I really should have been there from the start. You can also modify your bookmarks (and create folders and such) using drag and drop, but that could use some work as well. The unified URL / Search input is a good idea. I really like the visual history.

I'm more impressed the more I work with it, but I still have to shrug my shoulders and think...come on Google... another browser? We'll see where they go with it.

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
September 10th, 2008, 03:44 PM
I believe I saw an article stating that it got introduced very premature in the process. Chrome came forward to the media not through the normal channels. I got the jist it was a mistake by someone and they had no choice but to run with it in BETA. Google is usually on top of their game when it comes to this stuff.

I smell one big simplistic AOL environment being formed though. All in one browser/email/im/chat experience

LA_MERC_Shadow
September 10th, 2008, 07:28 PM
Yeah, if they do the AOL thing then it'll turn a lot of people off so they better watch it. I installed it just to check it out. It's OK...definitely not one of their refined products which is not like google. Unless they just wanted to see the reaction to a new browser and see if they should even bother going forward with it. I doubt that's the case.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==