PDA

View Full Version : Combat Arms

LA_MERC_DocSparky
July 24th, 2008, 06:21 AM
It's been out for a little while, but has anyone else tried Combat Arms (http://combatarms.nexon.net/Intro.aspx)? It's a free FPS that a combination of battlefield, counter-strike and UT. There are a few different game modes: Elimination (team dm), One Man Army (free for all) and CTF. You buy your weapons and gear for a set amount of time (days) and earn more money by playing online.

The graphics aren't that bad. They aren't as good as BF2, but are about on par with CS. The nice thing is that the game will run on machines with integrated graphics. I was skeptical about it, but it's not half bad. It does let you get in a game pretty quickly. BTW, no vehicles like in Bf2... just infantry stuff.

Meh.. it's free.

Chi_Townz
July 24th, 2008, 07:07 AM
Free is good...haven't tried it though

LA_MERC_WBHighwind
July 25th, 2008, 02:31 AM
Im downloading now. I will try it out tomarrow and give a report.

LA_MERC_WBHighwind
July 26th, 2008, 02:16 AM
So yeah, its fun. Simple and easy killings. I usually go 3:1 in a round and most games up until now Ive been 5:1. I dont think it has any depth though so I dont see myself playing for any amount of time. Its nice to just hop in for a quick round or two if you just enough time to play. Also, the way the weapons are set up are pretty nice. You lease what you use from points you accumulate through playing. But once that lease is up, if you want to use the weapon again, you have to lease it again.

LA_MERC_DocSparky
July 28th, 2008, 07:17 AM
You mentioned a long-term buy on one of the rifles last night. Which one is that? I'm using an AK-47 and the semi-auto sniper at the moment. After I figured out how to put one in my backpack that made a huge difference on the snow map. You need the range on that one.

Some pretty fun rounds on there last night. Those are some very small CTF maps though.

Chi_Townz
July 28th, 2008, 04:56 PM
Ok, I admit it. I was on it too...
I started playing CS but switched to DOD because it had a fast spawn time. Then found BF2 which is better graphics. So the game isn't bad for what it is...Fast spawns and lots of killing.

Good times, perhaps we should jump on at the same time or make a clan. I don't think it will take the place of BF2 but it is nice to change up every now and then.

LA_MERC_WBHighwind
July 29th, 2008, 05:45 PM
Well, we have to be a certain rank to make a clan so well see.

I was referring to doing a long term buy on the G36 because you save points the longer you do the buy. Its more expensive to renew every day.

About the backpack, it does make it better. You basically have two main weapons but you can put whatever you want in there including a different grenade. So you can have both frag and incendiary grenades. As far as Ive seen, having or not having the backpack doesnt slow you down.

Chi_Townz
July 29th, 2008, 10:10 PM
uh, oh, so i guess Ive played more than I thought.... Just did a lot of motivational killing is all.

Now though, I seem to have a problem.

My daughter found the AC in my office and is CAMPING in front of my 22W... Whats a Dad to do????

Help me ObeMerc forums....yer my only hope...

Chi_Townz
July 29th, 2008, 10:14 PM
and as for guns.. I just stuck to 1 or 2....I saw some other guys handle that MG and I'm pumped! - Saving some $$

LA_MERC_WBHighwind
July 30th, 2008, 03:24 PM
whats your name on the game so I can add you to my list?

Chi_Townz
July 30th, 2008, 04:36 PM
whats your name on the game so I can add you to my list?

chitownz... and you?

LA_MERC_WBHighwind
July 30th, 2008, 07:03 PM
http://combatarms.nexon.net/Community/Profile.aspx?user=WBHighwind

LA_MERC_Diesel
July 31st, 2008, 08:30 AM
lol at chit ownz
:p

that is what I see when i read it as one

LA_MERC_WBHighwind
July 31st, 2008, 01:08 PM
oh, and it appears that there are at least 4 new maps in the works. One of which is a semi night map and the others are urban maps.

LA_MERC_DocSparky
July 31st, 2008, 01:27 PM
That sounds cool. They definitely need some more maps.

Have you noticed the servers being a little laggy (hit detection is off bad when it lags)? The servers are full often. Perhaps the addition of new servers today will help with that.

Chi_Townz
July 31st, 2008, 04:59 PM
lol at chit ownz
:p

that is what I see when i read it as one

LOL, funny Diesel...

Definitely more servers. I also like it cuz it doesn't take up too much resources. Runs super smooth for me!

Anyway, more maps, more servers. We should get more of our peeps on... Highwind - we both have enough points for a clan. I would like to maybe start one. Who do you think we should ask? Is it Andy that's in charge of that stuff?

LA_MERC_WBHighwind
August 1st, 2008, 02:18 AM
You have to be SFC to make a clan but Im almost there. Another day or two and Ill be able to make it.

LA_MERC_WBHighwind
August 3rd, 2008, 06:14 PM
I got a clan made today. Search for LA MERC under the clan page in game and apply. I will approve when I can.

LA_MERC_WBHighwind
August 7th, 2008, 06:41 PM
new patch, new maps, new weapons

Chi_Townz
August 8th, 2008, 07:05 AM
I still like junk yard the best.

LA_MERC_DocSparky
August 8th, 2008, 07:13 AM
It's mayhem on Junk Flea with more than 8 people (good thing really). I like the new Two Towers map. After you learn the map, it opens up a lot of new shooting spots (like on the roof and on ledges around the main building). The supply crates seem out of place, but I bought one and got a 7 day AK47 on the cheap. New stuff is always fun.

The servers were pretty laggy last night with all of the people jumping on to check out the update. This weekend I'm going to try to put in some play time and maybe move up to the next rank. I do like the limited purchase concept.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
August 8th, 2008, 07:18 AM
LOL!!! ChitOwnZ sounds like a name the ONLY Mexican with a Computer would have!!!!!

LA_MERC_Diesel
August 8th, 2008, 08:21 AM
yeah LMAO

LA_MERC_WBHighwind
August 8th, 2008, 01:26 PM
c'mon guys, its a free download! Get it and check it out. We got a clan made at least get in game for a few rounds just to see what your missing.

LA_MERC_DocSparky
August 27th, 2008, 12:59 PM
There's a new patch out today which adds some new weapons (auto-patched on login). Full news item is here (http://combatarms.nexon.net/News/View.aspx?boardNo=101&contentNo=001Fq&pageIndex=1).

With the Wednesday, August 27th, 2008 patch, we've added new standard weapons and unique weapons from two new Supply Cases!

New Weapons Released

-- M590 Military Shotgun (Standard)
-- K3 Machine Gun (Standard)
-- MP5-RAS SMG (Supply Case Only)
-- K7 SMG (Supply Case Only)
-- AK-103 Assault Rifle (Supply Case Only)
-- SPAS-12 Stock Shotgun (Supply Case Only)

LA_MERC_Wetzny
August 27th, 2008, 02:18 PM
Should I be playing this game? Always the last to know, I am.

LA_MERC_DocSparky
August 27th, 2008, 03:05 PM
You should at least give it a try. It's definitely not BF2. It doesn't have squads, vehicles or large maps. It is pretty entertaining though. Short rounds (either CTF, Team DM, DM or CS like plant the bomb) and ZERO cost. Yep, it's free and provides for some quick entertainment. Check out the first post in the thread, sign up and play it some. Heck, if you don't like it just uninstall.

LA_MERC_WBHighwind
August 27th, 2008, 10:58 PM
And, they do patch the game frequently with new stuff and to fix the cheating problems. Patch came out today with new items.

Chi_Townz
August 29th, 2008, 06:58 AM
LOL!!! ChitOwnZ sounds like a name the ONLY Mexican with a Computer would have!!!!!

Gee, thanks Wetz. And yes, you should give it a try. I haven't been on in a while but maybe can put some time in this weekend.

Daedelus
September 4th, 2008, 09:23 PM
i been playing it sience it launched it sort of remake of war rock the other game the wae free. it even has the cover art guy with the rocket launcer on his shoulder all anima like he was the cover art for war rock. i do like they re-vamped and made the graphics better. see to do best by rushing in close and being fast so i been sticking with the mp-5 and uzi. but suppossedly there was a bug with the aug that is fixed but people where cheating with it or was to easy. now seems to be a bug with one of the auto shottys hitting to wide a cone and going threw walls and floors etc. seen a few use the glitch. have been able to get in the last few days i keep getting an error trying to update/patch. but if i get in ill try and find you guys i go by La_Merc_Daed ok

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
September 5th, 2008, 07:48 AM
I will d/l it.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==