PDA

View Full Version : Cell Phone

LA_MERC_Andyconda
July 14th, 2008, 10:38 AM
Ok guys. My cell phone took a swim with me in the Gulf and is now KAPUT. I was wondering which cell phones was worth getting now that I have to replace it. All input appreciated. Blackberry, Iphone, etc. What do you guys think?

LA_MERC_DocSparky
July 14th, 2008, 10:48 AM
I've got an ATT 8525 (WM 6 slider) and I love it. I would have to admit though that the iPhone is the cell phone to beat at this point if you don't mind the data plan. That will probably be my next phone.

BTW, What do you want in a phone? I like my WM6 phone since I wanted to be able to remote desktop in our servers. I also tether my laptop to my phone via bluetooth that allows me net access when on the road. As far as a phone, it's pretty cool for text'ing, talking and surfing.

I mention the iPhone as being the top of the stack right now because of the great interface as well media access. 3G doesn't hurt.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
July 14th, 2008, 12:07 PM
True James but I hear so many people say they have issues with the Iphone. is that true. If not really then I might get one. Justin showed me his at the last LAN and it was pretty damn cool.

LA_MERC_Diesel
July 14th, 2008, 02:40 PM
yep 3g Iphone for you Andy, anyone with a r2d2 CPU case, must also have the iphone :p

LA_MERC_Wetzny
July 14th, 2008, 02:45 PM
Phone topic hits the forum BOOM! out comes Diesel the FARKING Phone company expert... I suppose you have a nice friends and family plan to hook him up with to??? "Press one to go F yourself..." :stick lol

LA_MERC_Andyconda
July 14th, 2008, 02:49 PM
I've heard people say they have problems with the iphone. What about the Blackberry 8830. Any one have one of those and like it?

LA_MERC_Wetzny
July 14th, 2008, 02:51 PM
F the Blackberry, I've got it.... I hate it.. Iphone baby, Iphone...

LA_MERC_Diesel
July 14th, 2008, 03:02 PM
yeah the 3g iphone has been out for like 3 days...it is really cool, and techo geel gadget person must have.

stfu Wetz
I am serious!!!

:p

LA_MERC_Andyconda
July 14th, 2008, 03:57 PM
lol, Iphone 3G it is. I like the otter box you can get for them too. I NEED THAT!

LA_MERC_Shadow
July 14th, 2008, 04:45 PM
I like my bb, but I didn't have a choice, i have sprint and no iphone for that network. Almost everyone at work has an iphone and noone really has problems with it except that they are rather easy to break from what I hear.

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
July 14th, 2008, 05:10 PM
The iPhone is great for those who love gimmicks. I use a 8830, like it a lot. I do miss the thumb wheel from all the previous Bberry models, but getting used to the track-ball. I love all of my iPods and I like iTunes, but the iPhone is not much more than a trendy gimmick.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
July 14th, 2008, 11:09 PM
Well I ordered the 3G iphone. played with a ton of phones today. I literally played with 30 plus phones learning all the ins and outs. And I think Berk is right. The 8830 is pretty damn cool in its own right. The 3G iphone rocks. And it ultimately came down between teh 8830 and the 3G. In teh end since I was a preferred customer and could get the 8Gb 3G phone for only 199 I got it. I mentioned my nack for being destructive and they showed me teh otter case. water proof to 3 feet for 30 minutes and very durable against drops and abuse. So I went with the 8Gb 3G. All in all a pretty sweet device.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
July 14th, 2008, 11:11 PM
P.S. Every store within 50 miles was sold out so I had to order it and it will take 4 to 5 days to get here. In the mean time they gave me a rinkyt dink phone for 40 dollars that will be credited towards my iphone purchase when it comes in.

LA_MERC_Drax
July 16th, 2008, 09:41 PM
Iphones break easy??? I've had mine for 9 months now, i did have to send it in to get a new one, but they replaced it because of a problem they had. How many drunk nights have mine survived, plus i keep mine in my pocket while i work in the oilfield, and thus, its still works. Long as your aren't throwing it at people or running it over, its pretty damn sturdy, just make sure you don't put any flexing or bending to the phone, the screen won't react well to that...

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==