PDA

View Full Version : Shifting Midnight

LA_MERC_Andyconda
June 23rd, 2008, 08:08 AM
Ok guys and girls. Help a brotha out if you can. The band is still kicking and we've gotten better. Song list is getting big and we actually practice a lot, LOL. So here's what I need. We are currently hovering around 30th on a website called OurStage with a cover we do of Good Riddance by Greenday. A good cover too if you ask me. Go to our website on the music tab and you can hear a copy of it. If you're able to listen to music at work and view the webstie go to the cover songs category and start judging. There are around 200 entries so it concievably shouldn't take too long to get to us. Vote for us. if we get into the top 20 by the end of today we get goodies. Here's the website
http://www.ourstage.com/judge?channel=100-covers

also, check out what your listing for by going to our website and listening to Good Ridance. Its the first song on the jukebox.
www.shiftingmidnight.com

Thanks Peeps.

the noxious
June 23rd, 2008, 12:42 PM
im digging the cover of "Memory" , sugarcult kicks ass, and that was a damn good cover.
Props!

LA_MERC_Andyconda
June 23rd, 2008, 01:58 PM
Sweet man. Glad you liked. Besides my lead singer you're the only other person I know that knows who Sugarcult is and their music. That rocks. We're actually in the middle of re-recording vocals for that song and adjusting my lead along with adding a drum track. I'll post in when we're done.

P.S. I like our version of Blink 182's Damn it if you watch one of the video's on teh site one of our original times we played we did that song and the crowd really liked it.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
June 23rd, 2008, 03:12 PM
That site is pissing me off. I registered but havent got the confirm email yet. >:|

I'm trying mano..

LA_MERC_Andyconda
June 24th, 2008, 08:51 AM
Thanks Scott for the effort. We ended up 28th. Which is totally bogus as some of the songs/bands ahead of us are ATROCIOUS!
I'm not a big fan of that website either. But its an effort to get cash for music.
On a good note we're almost done setting up another paying gig in downtown Mobile at Club Seven.
Stop by the bands website some time and drop a line www.shiftingmidnight.com. Maybe make some requests (I'm hopefully buying a Les Paul Standard soon so I should be able to do some Pantera for you) CFH anyone!

Rollout
June 24th, 2008, 02:53 PM
Andy, have you tried talking to the owner of the Blind Mule in Mobile? Cool little join, in the heart of Mobile.

the noxious
June 24th, 2008, 02:57 PM
next time i go back home, ill try to come see you's guys (even though home is Baton Rouge, it's not that bad to drive to NO).
and yeah, Sugarcult rocks, their album "Start Static" is one of my all time faves.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
June 26th, 2008, 11:08 AM
Hey Rollout, we'll scout that place out. If you happen to go there soon ask the manager if he's interested in a band playing week day nights and weekends. Point him to our website to take a listen. www.shiftingmidnight.com
Also, Noxious, not sure you've stopped by the bands website, LOL, we're next to Mobile Alabama so its a 2 hour drive to Mobile instead of 1 hour to the Big Easy. Although we've talked about playing in New Orleans and Baton Rouge.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
June 27th, 2008, 09:10 AM
P.S. Nox you need to log on to our website and post of your like of the Sugarcult cover. You seem to be a rae breed for some of the finer arts. Let others know. Hopefully we have the vocals redone and a good drum track added to the cover.

the noxious
June 27th, 2008, 12:26 PM
sure thing man.
oh and I thought yall were from NO, my bad.
My brain cut off for a few lol.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
June 27th, 2008, 03:04 PM
My brain cut off for a few lol.

Np, Happens to the best of us.
"Why can't my beer and my brain cells just get along"

the noxious
June 27th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Oh yeah Andy, check out Flight of the Conchords, prime coverable stuff their, and it's comedic too.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==