PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful pictures that bring up emotions

LA_MERC_Onji
June 20th, 2008, 02:47 PM
ok you guys have to suffer through this with me,

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2876618&userid=0&perpage=40

page 8... if you get that far, i lost it there :(

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
June 20th, 2008, 04:48 PM
Page 8 tears you up......

I am gonna go pick up my kids and give them both one hell of a hug.
I do not know how I would handle what those 2 families went through. I selfishly hope I never have to.

Give a hug to all your children and spouses tonight. Be thankful we are here alive and able to.

I made it to the end. Page 23. I am quit disgusted by the amount of Sports pics involved.
Robby

LA_MERC_Nutria
June 21st, 2008, 07:40 AM
Rook... why be disgusted by the sports ones? The thread is about emotion.. not just hurt. When I saw the picture of the Gleason blocking the punt in the New Orleans game... that made me happy, as I am sure it did for everyone else from Louisiana... happy is an emotion, right?
USA defeating Russia hockey game... cmon now... another emotional picture.

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
June 21st, 2008, 09:02 AM
I agree Nutria. Those pictures do bring up emotions. I guess I am not enough of a fanatic to say I would post that as the picture that brings me happiness. Do I remember those instances...sure. I also remember 20 things from 4th grade that made me happy. When Someone asks me tomorrow to tell them one of the happiest moments of my life.....watching a professional sport will not be involved. I am sorry. If Boston winning the World Series is the happiest moment in one's life (unless you play for them), I feel for them. That to me is like saying when Sam Whitwicki defeated Megatron is one of the happiest times of my life. They are paid MILLIONS to put on a show every weekend for 16 weeks. It is their job. I watch so I can root for the team I like the best. If they win I may have won a beer or two. If they lost I may have to buy a beer or two, but that doesn't affect the rest of my life.
As far as the Russian - USA hockey game. That was a lot more than just a sporting event. THere were political ramifications, a Goliath of a team vs. David. All of it riding on a bunch of college players that wanted to play hockey, and play it the best they could. Imagine having the weight of your whole country riding on you when you are 21 yrs old. Millions watching. Millions hanging on your every move. Hope building with each win. Insurmountable odds. The Iron Curtain standing in front of you, daring you to bust out the scissors. Larger, faster, more skilled the opponent. Yet your heart was big enough to swallow it all. Gobbled it up at the last second to claim your victory. They won that game not for their country.....they one that game for themselves. No Michael Jordan....no larry bird.....no magic.....no kareem......no gretzky.......no lemeiux......no Roy. Just a group of kids that would forever be friends, and forever have the right to tell the story. That was huge. <----You could never say anything in professional sports could ever measure up to what those kids did that Winter. Nothing.

LA_MERC_Nutria
June 21st, 2008, 09:12 AM
you missing the point though little buddy... it is just a forum thread asking for pictures that bring up emotion... not the best/worst.. just emotional pictures. I agree, my happiest moment in life will not revolve around ANY sporting event, but it still I have been to many games that were emotional.

LA_MERC_WBHighwind
June 21st, 2008, 10:49 AM
Theres a picture on page 8 of a football game just after 9/11. I was at that game in the blue section way down under where the picture was taken.

Daedelus
June 21st, 2008, 03:23 PM
the idea behind the thread was good and i liked the pictures. it was just all the comment / comentary and the trolls on there ruined it. i just whanted to look at the pics not read all there trash, so i just scrolled threw quickly. there acouple good threads like this on millitary photos.net just awsome pictur threads.( you have to check out the girls of the IDF = isrealy defence force pics)

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
June 21st, 2008, 11:29 PM
some pretty powerfull images and stories there. Surprised that was in the GB forums and didn't take a huge turn for the worse.

Rook, I hear ya! the audacity of some people posting images of things that were emotional or moving to them! those jackholes must be fanatics to be happy when a team they support (for various possible reasons) wins. Can't believe they didn't think about all the people visiting that thread that don't really care about sports.

while some of the images and stories were moving, there was too much estrogen in the thread for me. on page 25 a guy posted a picture of old shoes. then says he cries looking at it because he knows that they were used for day to day activities. I just envisioned Brandon Frasier sitting at his computer looking at old shoes:

http://www.lazydork.com/movies/bedazzled.jpg

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==