PDA

View Full Version : Going to Louisiana Next Week

LA_MERC_Maverick
April 23rd, 2008, 06:58 AM
Hey Guys,

My work is sending me to Abbeville, LA Monday - Wednesday next to fix a client problem.

My visit is not until Tuesday morning at 9am, but my flight lands in Lafayette at 10am on Monday, so I was planning on taking the rental car and driving to New Orleans and spending the afternoon. Was wondering if anyone in the area wanted to "show me around".

Also, my flight back to SC is not until 5pm on Wednesday, so I may drive to Baton Rouge that morning, unless I still have to work with the client, and look around there.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
April 24th, 2008, 07:27 AM
Damn, I live about 2 hours from New Orleans and if it weren't on a week day I would come over and get you drunk. One of the New Orleans crew should at least be able to come get a bote with you. Dirge, Yankee, Shadow, Diesel, Spark, BigCheese. Anybody?

LA_MERC_DocSparky
April 24th, 2008, 07:59 AM
There are a few Mercs in Baton Rouge. Hey, I'll buy you lunch in BR on Wednesday. CO, Toby, Frag, Bill and all are welcome to join in (you'll have to buy your own lunch). I'm sure there must be something for Mav to see in the downtown area.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
April 24th, 2008, 08:10 AM
Hey, I'll buy you lunch in BR on Wednesday.
Be careful what you offer, you dont know Jason... :stick

LA_MERC_Maverick
April 24th, 2008, 09:14 AM
w00t! sounds great to me, nice to be able to visit friends on the company dollar (well, the client dollar...lol)

LA_MERC_Spark
April 24th, 2008, 09:35 AM
Well... I got ya covered if you make it to New Orleans, but it sounds like you got a pretty sweet BR offer. Hell I need to make up to BR for lunch sometime sounds like!

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
April 24th, 2008, 10:08 AM
Come on Sparkalicious! At least make some LSU tailgates

LA_MERC_Spark
April 24th, 2008, 07:08 PM
yeah you right man! Now ya talkin! We'll have to work smoethin out this year

waltersw15
April 25th, 2008, 08:40 PM
Free lunch?!?! I'm game. On Wednesday's I usually have to pick up my daughter from school during my lunch break, but I can at least try to drop in and say "Hi."

Just let me know when and where.

LA_MERC_DocSparky
April 28th, 2008, 02:40 PM
The plan is to meet on Wednesday at the Chimes close to campus. The time sort of depends on Mav, but we should get there around 11:15 (or earlier) to get a parking spot. Hopefully a few other Baton Rouge Mercs will be able to make it.

BTW, Bill the free lunch starts at 1:30.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
April 29th, 2008, 07:09 AM
So whats the word, you all getting together or what? Group photo? Andy going to show with his Redneck Killing Machine?

LA_MERC_Andyconda
April 29th, 2008, 10:30 AM
If it weren't on a weekday I could have made it. I live 3 and a half hours from BR.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
April 29th, 2008, 07:39 PM
If it weren't on a weekday I could have made it. I live 3 and a half hours from BR.

What? WTF am I hearing??? LOL If Doc was buying an evening of Hand grenades and Hurricane's you'd Sho'Nuff WALK your arse to BR!!!!! :stick

LA_MERC_DocSparky
April 30th, 2008, 08:28 AM
Just talked to Jason and he's on his way over to BR. Drop by Chimes if you can.

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
April 30th, 2008, 12:27 PM
Sorry, we are short handed and I was to busy to get out of the office.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==