PDA

View Full Version : arrow making 101

LA_MERC_sLingbLade
April 20th, 2008, 12:07 PM
Well finally took the jump and made my first set of arrows. Went with carbon express maxima hunters, 350gr. Came out better then I thought for the first time. I normally have them fletched w/mini blazer vanes with a Right helical offset but I went with regular blazer's with a straight offset to learn how to use the jig. These are for indoor anyway so it doesnt really matter. Bored today so I thought I would share.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
April 20th, 2008, 05:06 PM
I normally have them fletched w/mini blazer vanes with a Right helical offset but I went with regular blazer's with a straight offset to learn how to use the jig.

WOW!!! Me too!

No really, cool deal Sling. That would be like me learning to reload ammo. Good job. Now you just have to test them out.

LA_MERC_sLingbLade
April 20th, 2008, 05:12 PM
haha...It was gonna be somebody....Grouping real well so Im happy.

LA_MERC_goose
April 21st, 2008, 08:15 AM
I've been using Easton 2216 XX78's with 4 inch feathers on a right helical ... but then again, I'm using a bow that's 20 years old. Probably, not, but it sure feels like it sometimes.

Sling, my dad took an old sewing machine motor and set him up a lathe so he could "pin stripe" his arrows after he dips them. I'm waiting to get my hands on that so I can dip the ends bright green and pin stripe them in white.

LA_MERC_sLingbLade
April 21st, 2008, 05:42 PM
send me a pic when you get em done...sounds cool.

LA_MERC_Sniper
April 22nd, 2008, 07:10 PM
sweet job man Im not ready to fletch my own yet a friend of mine owns the bow shop so I let him do them

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==