PDA

View Full Version : RIP Charlton Heston

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
April 8th, 2008, 04:56 PM
past away this last weekend.

What are some of your favorite lines he delivered?
I'l always remember him saying
"Take your stinking paws off me, you damn dirty ape."

LA_MERC_Wetzny
April 8th, 2008, 05:45 PM
I liked many of the films he starred in, of course that line from POA was sweet... Here is an interesting article from him about his relationship with Ronald Reagan.

http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=MTEwMjkxMTk5N2I2ODY5Y2M4YTZhZmE2NWU1ZGQ3ZjU=

The World needs more men like Mr. Heston. Rest in Peace, he was a great American!

LA_MERC_DocSparky
April 8th, 2008, 08:26 PM
Speaking of President Clinton in 1998 he said,

“America doesn’t trust you with our 21-year-old daughters, and we sure, Lord, don’t trust you with our guns.”

He wasn’t a regular guy, but he was someone that the regular guy could relate to. He was good at what he did and he worked hard to be the best he could at portraying his character on the screen. For standing up for our rights, I say thank you.

LA_MERC_johncst
April 9th, 2008, 06:01 AM
who will save our guns now

LA_MERC_YellowDog
April 9th, 2008, 10:16 AM
who will save our guns now

Im saving mine in the closet.. ohhh,,, and 1 in the nightstand by the bed..

Oh.. and 1 in my truck...

Ohh.. and of course there is that stash out in the woods in my underground fallout shelter...

BTW... my favorite line from charlton heston has got to be.

Dam you, Dam you all to Hell!!!

last lines in POA.

LA_MERC_Spark
April 9th, 2008, 03:13 PM
"... Let me make a short, opening, blanket comment. There are no good guns. There are no bad guns. Any gun in the hands of a bad man is a bad thing. Any gun in the hands of a decent person is no threat to anybody – except bad people. ..."

"... Teddy Roosevelt hunted in the last century with a semiautomatic rifle. Most deer rifles are semiautomatic ... it's become a demonized phrase. The media distorts that and the public ill understands it. ..."

"... You know, the Bill of Rights guarantees every citizen the right to own and bear firearms. It doesn't say anything about how many, how much you can pay for them. That's in the Bill of Rights. That's a sacred document in our country. There's no other country in the world that has such a document. And you know what its purpose is? To prevent the federal government from interfering with private citizens' rights. ... If you will read what the Founding Fathers wrote when they were writing it – Jefferson, Mason, Madison, Patrick Henry, Tom Paine – every one of them wrote at great length that they were talking about the individual rights of individual citizens. ..."

"... We have to pass on to America in the 21st century the same Bill of Rights that those wise, old, dead white guys that invented this country passed on to us. ..."

LA_MERC_YellowDog
April 9th, 2008, 06:33 PM
"... Let me make a short, opening, blanket comment. There are no good guns. There are no bad guns. Any gun in the hands of a bad man is a bad thing. Any gun in the hands of a decent person is no threat to anybody – except bad people. ..."

"... Teddy Roosevelt hunted in the last century with a semiautomatic rifle. Most deer rifles are semiautomatic ... it's become a demonized phrase. The media distorts that and the public ill understands it. ..."

"... You know, the Bill of Rights guarantees every citizen the right to own and bear firearms. It doesn't say anything about how many, how much you can pay for them. That's in the Bill of Rights. That's a sacred document in our country. There's no other country in the world that has such a document. And you know what its purpose is? To prevent the federal government from interfering with private citizens' rights. ... If you will read what the Founding Fathers wrote when they were writing it – Jefferson, Mason, Madison, Patrick Henry, Tom Paine – every one of them wrote at great length that they were talking about the individual rights of individual citizens. ..."

"... We have to pass on to America in the 21st century the same Bill of Rights that those wise, old, dead white guys that invented this country passed on to us. ..."

Preach on BROTHER!!!

Daedelus
April 11th, 2008, 10:55 PM
yeah it sort of strange how i remeber so well for 2 diffrent things. he started off just being a great actor but then some how his help and noteriaty with the NRA (for the nation)almost made him a bigger star/name for him.
Sort of like how Lady DI had a super stardom as the princess as a first idenity, but then at the end she surpassed her roll as the pricess with her role of charity and comfort (almost saintly) she was huge.
they where alike in the sense that she was just getting started as this international phenom for love/compassion and he was just getting started as the savior of a basic right we are so despiratly fighting for( the battles not over ) both taken before the jobs where finished.

LA_MERC_Bacowrath
April 29th, 2008, 10:03 AM
We lost a great man. No tabloid stories of him cheating, or being gay in all his years. Need more men like him in the spotlight.

My favorite quote(and one I agree with):

"They can have my gun when they pry it from my cold dead hands!"

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==