PDA

View Full Version : G5

LA_MERC_Wetzny
March 25th, 2008, 09:42 AM
For YEARS I've had my Sidearm bound to the thumb button of my G5... Last night it didn't work... I un-installed / re-installed the software and BF2 still won't bind to the thumb, any thoughts? Thanks!!!

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
March 25th, 2008, 09:47 AM
New mouse?

Can you access settings or configs for that specific mouse on your comp?

Possible something could be obstructing the "action" of the button. Clean it?

It is not wireless is it. If it is....batteries?

If everything else works fine and it is the only button to not work, I would say mechanical failure of some sort. Especially if you have ruled out all software issues.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
March 25th, 2008, 10:18 AM
Thanks Rook.. The Button itself works... BF2 doesn't see the button any longer... Thats what cornfuses me.... Thanks bro!

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
March 25th, 2008, 10:54 AM
a driver was probably changed. could be an update from Logitech, could be a windows update, could be an update to BF2.

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
March 25th, 2008, 11:52 AM
So BF2 is the only program that is having issues?

If so then go to Device manager and see if you can rollback the driver for your mouse. If available it may clear up the issue. I was under the presumption the button quit working all together.

Also you could do a backup of your drives, and restore to a point before it quit working.

You could go to add/remove programs, check show updates, and uninstall updates from newest first and see if that helps.

You could uninstall/reinstall BF2 and see if that helps.

You could just mod up a brace for your hand to not be able to push that button, and get prscribed some anti-depressants to get yourself free of the habit that has so strongly taken hold of your psychie?

I think they are all worth a shot.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
March 25th, 2008, 01:41 PM
Do you realize how much I rely on my Sidearm? when you shoot your primary weapon as poorly as I do, it can be the difference!!!! :stick!

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
March 25th, 2008, 03:55 PM
LMAO.

Think hard to remember if you installed anything at the same time. That may be an issue?

LA_MERC_MadMAX
March 25th, 2008, 04:58 PM
Man, I thought this thread was gonna be about a Mac :-(

Rollout
March 25th, 2008, 06:41 PM
Could be worn out from over use "old man", maybe you need a new mouse thumb boy!!!!! :) :P

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
March 26th, 2008, 01:47 AM
I like my Mx518

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==