PDA

View Full Version : Possible Virus?

LA_MERC_YellowDog
March 20th, 2008, 01:34 PM
Ok, heres the deal,

Moms laptop, Compaq, XP home, I installed a wirless card, I can access web pages for maybe 4 -5 min, then get pages cannot be displayed, However I can still access and map drives on my network, so I know the card is working, She had A zone alarm app installed but it somehow came up with a password request, to her knowledge she didnt install that. I can get to the task manager, but it dont look right...none of the functionality is there, I can only see what is running,, that s it,, no other tabs or options.. I cant even close it once its up.. I cannot right click the tool bar at the bottom to get the task manager up... I installed AVG, tried to update it,, but I get errors with the antivirus part of the program..like it didnt install right,,, also, when I try to scan the C drive, I get an error the drive cannot be opened,, the the App closes out.. The only way I can get the task manager to open properly is in safe mode... but I still cant run AVG... her machine is just acting real suspicious.

BTW. I did find the Zone Alarm app in Msconfig. It was under services and start up, I disabled them both.. and after locating the program files on the C drive for that App, I deleted them... its not running to my knowledge.

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
March 20th, 2008, 01:48 PM
Use HijackThis (http://www.majorgeeks.com/download3155.html) and post a log mano.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==