PDA

View Full Version : Our Dog "Foxy"

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
February 7th, 2008, 08:05 PM
ok Our dog got sick and I'm guessing she died in the woods somewhere. She got Sick Saturday night by Monday she looked VERY bad! I was going to take her to the Vet Tuesday but I let her out to potty Monday night and she pottied and hung her head down really low and walked off and she hasn't can back home. Just want to post a few pictures to remember her by...

LA_MERC_YellowDog
February 7th, 2008, 08:47 PM
Im sorry D/L :(... But it looks like she was great dog :)

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
February 8th, 2008, 12:05 AM
Sorry to hear Dragonlady.
By sick what do you mean? Diarrhea...vomiting....overall poor attitude? Bassetts roxors. Hopefully she just went on a tear and will return. I have seen animals be gone as long as 6 months and still make it home.

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
February 8th, 2008, 05:43 AM
No Diarrhea that I know of, Yes she vomited a few time (but she has always done that from time to time) Yes overall poor attitude, Resless nights, crying in her sleep(that happend Sunday night and Monday), Just very down and sick looking, Looked like she had lost weight as well. All this happend just about over night. When I was calling her to come back in the house she looked at me and hung her head down reallllly low and she kinda gave me the look like "momma I'm not coming back home"

Yella she was a good dog but boy she stinked tho. I guess it was the hound dog in her. She would sit and bark on command. And loved her belly rubbed...

LA_MERC_Shadow
February 8th, 2008, 06:29 AM
Sorry to hear that DL. If she did die in the woods, maybe it's better for the kids than waking up to a dead dog.

LA_MERC_Sniper
February 8th, 2008, 06:42 AM
hey Dl I am sorry to hear that> I too lost my dog Satunray morning. We had her in a half acre pin down at the farm and she got out and someon ran over her. My oldest daughter is still very upset :(

LA_MERC_DocSparky
February 8th, 2008, 07:58 AM
DL and Sniper, sorry to hear about the loss. I know it's must be especially tough on the kids. Good looking hound there DL.

LA_MERC_Spark
February 8th, 2008, 08:11 AM
:( Sorry to hear it DL / Sniper

LA_MERC_Andyconda
February 8th, 2008, 08:16 AM
Ahh Tonya/Sniper I'm so sorry. Its got to be tough. You have my deepest sympathy. I hate when I lose a close pet.
Dogs will do that. If they feel they are at their last days, the walk off to die. Not sure why dogs do that.
Here's to Foxy/and Sniper's dog. May they rest in peace. Chin up Tonya/sniper, just remeber. "It's better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved"

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
February 8th, 2008, 11:27 AM
Thank Yall she was a very good dog to us. We'll miss her. The kids asked me why I let her out. That was hard for me. Then I walked out side last night because I heard some dogs barking and Justin (my son 6 years old) came out there and said "momma Foxys gone she's not coming back home she is dead momma" WOW... My baby said that to me... Oh that was sad.
They'rer taking it ok they miss her a lot. She would race us in the truck driving up the driveway and we would yell "come on Foxy"

PS, Andy we have you some Wine bottles.....

waltersw15
February 12th, 2008, 07:59 PM
My brother had a dog that took off when it was about to die. Like Andy said, it is strange and we don't know why they do it, but they do. It's almost like they don't want us to see their passing.

I have 2 dalmations (1 is 10 years and the other 8 years). I still feel bad when I think about the possibility of having to put either one down due to pain in old age. Our oldest dog already seems to have bad arthritis in the hind legs.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==