PDA

View Full Version : Snow Day

LA_MERC_LaTech
January 21st, 2008, 05:56 AM
So...it snowed quite a bit yesterday here (by my measure out in the courtyard, it finally stopped at 10"). Took some pictures from inside. And the thermometer picture is right outside my front window just a little bit ago. Don't know how much it's off...but weather.com says the windchill is -30...so not by much.

LA_MERC_goose
January 21st, 2008, 06:34 AM
Two words

GOOD GAWD!

LA_MERC_DocSparky
January 21st, 2008, 06:57 AM
Duuuude... that looks COLD!!!

Nice thermometer shot there.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
January 21st, 2008, 07:05 AM
Gezzzzz... Minus 20!!!!???? Dammm dude.. move back down south for Gods Sake, Mans not suppose to live in that crap

At least 1 that has some sense :stick

LA_MERC_LaTech
January 21st, 2008, 07:11 AM
Nobody ever said I was a smart one...hehe

LA_MERC_Andyconda
January 21st, 2008, 08:11 AM
I got one word for that.

"You got to be crazy, insane, mental, lost, numb, wierd, cold, frozen, psycho, retarded, unstable, unconscious, dumb, deranged, and delerious DUDE!"

Ain't no way. And here I was biotching that the low was 29 today. But luckily the Sun and Warm Gulf Breeze will have me back up to the low 50's by lunch. WOOT!

P.S. Scott, set your house on fire, then call 911. The fire will keep you warm until they get there to bring you back home buddy. Hangin there.

LA_MERC_LaTech
January 21st, 2008, 08:58 AM
So I walked to work this morning and it wasn't THAT bad...I did learn some things though:
1) Condensation from your breath will freeze your facial hair, nose hairs and eye lashes together.
2) If your eyes water while trying to pry your frozen eye lashes apart, it will freeze on your cheek in less than a second.
3) Snot will freeze...in your nose.

LA_MERC_Mercy
January 21st, 2008, 09:35 AM
ewww...and owwwww

LA_MERC_Andyconda
January 21st, 2008, 09:43 AM
So I walked to work this morning and it wasn't THAT bad...I did learn some things though:
1) Condensation from your breath will freeze your facial hair, nose hairs and eye lashes together.
2) If your eyes water while trying to pry your frozen eye lashes apart, it will freeze on your cheek in less than a second.
3) Snot will freeze...in your nose.

Hmmm, fun facts I hope I never have to use, remember, or comprehend. But thanks for the heads up Scott.

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
January 21st, 2008, 10:19 AM
C'mon it is fun! We actually get to see the seasons CHANGE around here. Oh.....and we can go snowmobiling, sledding, downhill skiing, cross country skiing, and errr......."hooky-bobbing".

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
January 21st, 2008, 10:21 AM
Oh BTW - this is a light dusting. I remember when it snowed 24" in 24 hrs. That was F....U......N......!

LA_MERC_RPSNIPER
January 21st, 2008, 10:33 AM
Dude the snowmobling, sledding and skiing all sound fun, but when it is that cold....HELL NO!!!!!

LA_MERC_Wetzny
January 21st, 2008, 10:45 AM
The last week in Orlando has reminded of the glory days living in SoCal... 75 and nicely humid with nary a cold chill on your neck is the way to spend the middle of January!! The snow makes the cold bearable IMHO... Without the snow the cold windy crap is REALLY annoying. Snow changes the sights, the sounds, the feeling of winter. Kansas gets the cold, the wind, the brown dormancy of all plants and the migratory animals fleeing to warmth. When it's a snow-less winter, it sucks. Cheers to your snow!

aarathi
February 8th, 2008, 04:26 AM
HaaaHaaa wonderful day. It was the coolest day of your life.

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
February 8th, 2008, 05:47 AM
aww LaTech make me a snow man or lady and take a picture!!!! PLEASE!!!!

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
February 8th, 2008, 05:49 AM
Oh wait it looks as if this thread my be from last month... well poop...

LA_MERC_LaTech
February 8th, 2008, 07:26 AM
Can do, DL...still a ton of snow on the ground. Actually, we're planning on going sledding tomorrow or something!

LA_MERC_Wetzny
February 8th, 2008, 01:24 PM
Can do, DL...still a ton of snow on the ground. Actually, we're planning on going sledding tomorrow or something!

Dude, when are you joining the polar bear club and taking the "Leap of Extreme Shrinkage"?

LA_MERC_LaTech
February 11th, 2008, 08:02 AM
The jump of death is this upcoming saturday! Perhaps it WILL be a good day to die!

Some pictures from yesterday sledding:

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
February 11th, 2008, 04:52 PM
Hey where's the snow man/woman????? HUH MR.....

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==