PDA

View Full Version : Drinking on a school night!

LA_MERC_Andyconda
January 18th, 2008, 08:48 AM
IS NOT A GOOD IDEA!

Doh stupid Brain. I never learn. Every Thursday I play at a bar in Mobile. Usually we go there with some of the crew from work and we have a few drinks and Kevin and I get up and play 5 to 10 songs. Well last night the bar was packed (I think becuase Mardi Gras is starting here). Any way the next thing I know the guy running open mic says "You guys are jamming can you play till your fingers bleed". Being the thinking man I am I reply I'll play till my drink runs out. He takes that literally so for the next 2 hours we jam it up and as my drink gets low he refills me. So after we drink the bar dry of Guiness, Josh decideds it's Jagger Bomb time. Ahhhhhhhhhhh.
Needless to say I was missing some notes (strangely no one at the bar seemed to notice as they were hammered just as bad) and I drank myself into a coma. Well leaving the bar at 3:30 in the morning to have to be at work the next day makes for a VERY VERY MISERABLE TIME.
Thankfully we have a new Starbucks here in Spanish Fort, AL and they have something called "loaded" a 13 extra shot expresso deally thingy coupled with 2 large red bulls and many many pain killers makes for a Jittery, High, Everyting is on fast forward, What's my name and where am I type of day.

So as my daily public safety announcement I say
"DON'T DRINK ON A SCHOOL NIGHT BOYS AND GIRLS!

LA_MERC_YellowDog
January 18th, 2008, 10:11 AM
Andy with some of your stories,, its a wonder you aren't in an institution some where.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
January 18th, 2008, 12:36 PM
Andy with some of your stories,, its a wonder you aren't in an institution some where.

They just haven't caught me yet. But yes, it's amazing I've lasted this long. If the saying holds true that a bulb that burns twice as bright last half as long. I'm livin on borowed time.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
January 18th, 2008, 03:30 PM
If the saying holds true that a bulb that burns twice as bright last half as long.

Well I got a long time to live then :)

LA_MERC_Drax
January 18th, 2008, 03:56 PM
Jager bombs are the end of society...

Chi_Townz
January 18th, 2008, 06:28 PM
IS NOT A GOOD IDEA!
"loaded" a 13 extra shot expresso deally thingy

Sweet Jesus! That will kill anything!

Rollout
January 18th, 2008, 08:19 PM
Sounds like a typical day at Quincy for "us" when we were all there big guy, way to keep up the tradition!!!!!!! Lov' ya man!!!!!!!! :)

Oh yeah, rock on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :0 :)

LA_MERC_Dirge
January 19th, 2008, 12:14 PM
lol I can only imagine how hard you crashed after that short term energy burst. wave bye bye to Andy kids, the 2nd quarter is starting.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
January 20th, 2008, 07:46 AM
wave bye bye to Andy kids, the 2nd quarter is starting.

And there in lies the fundamental difference between Robby and me. Robby gets kicked out of the Super Dome. I get carried out, LMFAO.

I'm lucky to have friends like Robby, Reed, and James. They are probably one of the biggest reasons this bulb still burns today.

Here's a toast to commrades that never leave a man behind.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==