PDA

View Full Version : Can't find HD?

LA_MERC_Shadow
January 8th, 2008, 10:18 PM
OK, So I decided to load xp 64 on my gaming computer. I load from the CD and it loads until it says windows will starts and then stalls telling me that it can't find any hard drives on my computer. Now I do have 2 350Gb in RAID 0 Config using an NVIDIA raid driver. This came installed on the computer when I bought it so I have no clue how to install such a thing. Before the computer got to that screen it says something about installing 3rd party drivers including RAID drivers. Do I have to reinstall the raid drivers. Now it's going to be a clean install b/c I'm going from 32 to 64 so is this part of the normal setup? I've never fooled around with my raid configuration since I picked it when I bought the computer and I'm guessing this is what's causing the problems. Thanks.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
January 8th, 2008, 10:34 PM
that would be correct, you need the raid drivers for your motherboard...and a 3.5 floppy drive. Hit F6 when it prompts about 3 party raid drivers.

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
January 8th, 2008, 11:19 PM
It will prompt you to hit "F6" at the bottom of the screen. You MUST copy the RAID drivers to a 3.5" floppy so you can load them. Windows makes something like Vista, but won't pull their collective heads out of their asses when it comes to the 3.5" floppy RAID driver bullsh!t. Why not a thumb drive or the actual cd? Nope just a 3.5" floppy. WTF? Really, now c'mon, floppy drives are special order these days. I am digressing.

http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64/archive/2005/09/25/67898.aspx
http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_nf4_winxp64_intel_7.15.html

LA_MERC_YellowDog
January 9th, 2008, 06:23 AM
yep thats right... now I dont know about vista, or what hoops you have to jump through in order to get raid drivers installed... I can only guess its not much better than XP, However xp will require you install it with a 3.5 floppy.

I think you may be able to use a USB floppy if you can get your hands on one.

LA_MERC_MadMAX
January 9th, 2008, 07:07 AM
yep thats right... now I dont know about vista, or what hoops you have to jump through in order to get raid drivers installed... I can only guess its not much better than XP, However xp will require you install it with a 3.5 floppy.

I think you may be able to use a USB floppy if you can get your hands on one.

You still have to load the drivers in Vista (for some chipsets), but it gives you a pretty GUI to do it with and allows you to load from CD/DVD/USB instead of just floppy...

Shadow - the good news is that you are on an NVidia chipset, and they have excellent x64 support - I just loaded XP x64 back up myself...

LA_MERC_Shadow
January 9th, 2008, 10:54 AM
Cool, I'm gonna have fun with this in a couple hours. And LUCKILY (b/c I was having problems with the BIOS and motherboard before) I have a floppy drive in my possession, after having to special order it. LOL. Thanks for responding, I just wasn't sure if I was suppose to load it hitting F6. I hit that option last night but didn't feel like loading something I wasn't sure about and complicating the issue.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==