PDA

View Full Version : New Vid card & Game

Chi_Townz
December 29th, 2007, 12:19 PM
My family bought me the 8600GTS card with Crysis.

Im not too impressed with the game though, it seems like most the others...Anyone else play it?

The card though, blue screened once while I believe over taxing it with the game and my system. The game wouldn't let me use high settings, and low settings totally sucked. I was stuck in the middle.

I think in order to see what improvements there are to the card, Ill need to play some BF2. I took the week off, so I will be on line as often as possible. (I hope)

LA_MERC_Wetzny
December 29th, 2007, 12:30 PM
Congrats Dude!!! Considering it's like 1 degree in Chicago right now, the Bears and the Bulls suck, BF2 is about the only you have going for you!!! :stick

LA_MERC_YellowDog
December 29th, 2007, 12:54 PM
SO your saying you dont like crysis? And whats the make of the Video card?

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
December 29th, 2007, 01:50 PM
I liked Crysis. I have already beat it though. I thought the game and the mechanics behind playing the main character were pretty neat.

Chi_Townz
December 29th, 2007, 07:59 PM
Its the GeForce 8600GTS / 256mb/ 675 mhz core.

Crysis was ok...Ive beaten it as well, but...I don't know, it was ok..

I may have enjoyed it more if it didn't keep freezing and of course the lower graphics settings didn't help much. Oh, did I mention when I tried to up the graph, that i got blue screen?

The problem is probably my system..
Pentium D 2.8 ghz w/ 2 GB ram.
Its not too bad being 1.5 years old but I think it was over taxing it all a little.

Daedelus
January 5th, 2008, 05:24 PM
i tryed the demo of it from fileplanet but kept getting graphic erroras on the screen like black lines going off in diagnol angles and some times hole little like 1" secsion would disappear so i do think it is to much for my computer to handle and i got my cmputer new last year.

LA_MERC_FragFood
January 5th, 2008, 06:58 PM
Its the GeForce 8600GTS / 256mb/ 675 mhz core.
Oh, did I mention when I tried to up the graph, that i got blue screen?

What was the error on the BSOD? That might point you in the right direction. A .dll error? VxD? Also, is your power supply beefy enough? You'll probably need at least a 400-500W PSU to run that thing along with the rest of your system.

Chi_Townz
January 6th, 2008, 06:59 AM
lol, good point... No, I think it was a dll error. Restarted...haven't had the issue yet.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==