PDA

View Full Version : Gaming monitor

LA_MERC_Drax
November 27th, 2007, 12:33 PM
So my monitor's colors went to crap, and i don't think theres anything i can do to fix it that i've came across, so I've been looking at a dell 24 inch monitor. They have 2 different ones, whats the big difference between these two and for strictly gaming purposes, is it worth the extra bucks?

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productcompare.aspx?c=us&category_id=6761&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&prods=320-6095,320-5647

LA_MERC_YellowDog
November 27th, 2007, 03:19 PM
Well.. I looked at it.. seems like the Higher one just comes with a lot of different interfaces that the other one dont... Not sure about some of the other specs.

LA_MERC_FragFood
November 27th, 2007, 05:59 PM
Either one should do you just fine. Make sure you use the DVI connector for the best possible picture, and run it at native resolution or your picture will suffer. The difference between analog and DVI inputs is dramatic. I have the analog input of my server going to my monitor, and it's just good enough to be usable for short times that I actually have to admin the box. The DVI input is connected to my main rig, and looks fantastic.

Make sure it comes with a DVI cable (or that you have one already) and your card has the proper connector.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==