PDA

View Full Version : Locked HDD's?

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
November 14th, 2007, 09:13 AM
Have any of us ever found a fix for this issue?

I have a few that I would like to unlock or one I would really like to haxor on to try to unlock it.

The main one is a Maxtor Diamond Max 10 100GB PATA133 HDD

Let me know.

Rook

LA_MERC_Onji
November 14th, 2007, 10:41 AM
what do you mean locked

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
November 14th, 2007, 11:05 AM
It was a USB external that went "LOCKED" one day. It did freshly after a format I guess. The owner said screw it and is buying another one, and left this one for me to toss. I was wondering if I could unlock it.

There is a place online that says they can do it with their software, but I have to buy a card that uses pts. that I can refill w/ real money. <--No Thanks.

I was just wondering if there was a program or sure fire way to unlock a HDD.

The second one is a Maxtor that is partitioned. 1st partition locked, 2nd free to use. I would like to be able to wipr the whole drive so I can use all of the 60 GB instead of 7GB of it.

Rook

Also if I look at it using AEFDisk, the "dir" for the locked side of the 2nd Maxtor reads "$Security" and will let me go no further.

LA_MERC_Onji
November 14th, 2007, 03:06 PM
here is something to try, very dangerous though:

http://dban.sourceforge.net/

Also here is a tool for dealing with partitions, it may get around the locked issue:

http://gparted-livecd.tuxfamily.org

LA_MERC_YellowDog
November 14th, 2007, 03:35 PM
WoW.. that first one means.. ANY disk on the computer its booted up in.. Dammm... guess that means you better not have any other disk's hooked up to your system you don't want wiped out...

LA_MERC_Onji
November 14th, 2007, 03:53 PM
yeah if the feds are ever on to you, throw that floppy/cd in, reboot and run and you'll be fine lol

LA_MERC_YellowDog
November 14th, 2007, 04:10 PM
Good advice.. unless you have your Bios set to boot HDD first.. then your hosed.

OMG.. what if we go and pop on of these guys in to every computer at best Buy..LOL, I could see the store manager tying to explain that one..

Just make sure the Cameras dont catch you.

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
November 15th, 2007, 02:14 AM
Thanks for the work so far Onji. I will try this all tomorrow.

Rook

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
November 19th, 2007, 02:10 PM
No luck so far.

Still trying. This place says they can do it by their little wizard I d/l'd.

Is there anything else like it out there or *wink**wink*available*wink*

lol

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==