PDA

View Full Version : WOW - Auburn :) - *moved to sports section*

Rollout
September 29th, 2007, 09:40 PM
This is the team that we expected this year, Shioty coaching doesn't get your team prepared!!! This shiot season is ALL on Tuperville!!!!

I thought FL would OWN em',,, whooh!!!! Yeah Baby!!! :)

How do you pick these games anymore???????? Dr. Jekel and Mr. Hyde teams!!! The freshman kicker has "ice" :) !!!!!!!

I liked the LSU "special" uniforms, jerseys were cool!!! Man they and USC will be a GREAT National Championship!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE this shiot!!!

LA_MERC_Spark
September 29th, 2007, 10:22 PM
LSU should move to number one after USC only won by 3.. damn... like 8 top teams fell today!

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
September 29th, 2007, 10:23 PM
USC barely pulled out a win over Washington by 3 points. USC doesn't deserve their ranking.

Any SEC team will always bring their game on game day.

Florida, Oklahoma, West Virgina, Texas, Oregon all lost this weekend. I'd like to see how the ranking change and don't be surprised if LSU makes it to #1.

LA_MERC_johncst
September 30th, 2007, 06:23 AM
I hope LSU is ready for this game and they are ready to play that was what happen to FL they let Auburn stay around LSU need to put then away fast and don't stop run the score up and after LSU is not #1 after this game the BCS suck

LA_MERC_Wetzny
September 30th, 2007, 07:43 AM
If LSU takes care of business, in what is unquestionably the best and deepest conference in the Nation, then in my opinion they should be number #1. The real threat for LSU will be in the SEC Championship Game, regardless of the opponent these are generally highly competitive games with the underdog not having anything to lose and the favorite risking a Championship Game. A good win in the SEC Championship Game will highlight the strength of LSU, I believe the PAC 10 doesn't have a Championship Game and while LSU is whipping another strong SEC team, USC will be smashing weak-ass Stanford or Arizona.

Whatever has to happen for LSU and USC to meet, must happen. They're clearly the Best Two teams in the nation.

LA_MERC_Shadow
September 30th, 2007, 08:12 AM
I wasn't sure last night whether I wanted Auburn to win or not cuz now FL is just looking to knock LSU off the top pedestal. And they'll be hungry for a win. I still think LSU will take care of it but they need to do it early like you said previously; don't let them hang in till the end.

LA_MERC_Spark
September 30th, 2007, 09:59 AM
i didnt want them to loose because now people will say well fla wasnt that great cause they lost to unranked Auburn

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
September 30th, 2007, 11:41 AM
and after LSU is not #1 after this game the BCS suck

The BCS rankings have not been released yet this year. the first BCS rankings will be released on 10/14. After the LSU vs. Kentucky game.

If the USC in Cali had a gamec-ock, then ESPN would be riding it. the main story on their page since last night is a joke.

LSU may have struggled in the 1st half, but they were 24-0 in 2nd half and the defense was unbelievable. USC and Cal barely pulled out a win. Granted Cal played a great Oregon team, but USC played Washington - ranked something like 95 out of 119.

the AP and coaches poll usually come out around 4-5 pm on Sunday. I wouldn't be surprised if they are late, because I'm sure all the voters are scratching their heads.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
September 30th, 2007, 11:53 AM
This is why College Football is missing the boat without a playoff tree. How good IS "fill in the Blank University?" Hard to say after only four games or so, and when you whip up on Stiffs like Kansas University (Just to name one) has you don't know. Obviously LSU is very, very good. So is USC, most of the others I haven't seen play. I think Ohio State is probably very strong, along with Wisconsin. I don't really discount teams that struggle a bit and win, hell you can't win every game 72-9, so while USC was pedestrian against Washington, it's still a quality road win. Does it hurt USC? Not in my opinion, but it doesn't help. And neither will the blowout win against Notre Dame...

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
September 30th, 2007, 01:21 PM
Well, the polls came out early. LSU took #1 on AP, but still #2 on coaches poll.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3043603

LA_MERC_Drax
September 30th, 2007, 01:59 PM
What a weekend for football, man the top 10 is screwy now. Also loved seeing Saban lose again. Gettin my shirt this weekend (shirt that says "saban is a douche" on it) I was supposed to meet up with dirge and andy, but those fools couldn't make a phone call after the game.

I made it down to NOLA around 10 pm friday night, and tailgated from then til game time. After the game, we stayed at the three legged dog for a little while, then got our hotel room and cleaned up.....and maybe crashed for a few hours. Anywhos, glad they caught #1 on the AP poll, we beat florida decisively, we get number one around the board.

Rollout
September 30th, 2007, 07:26 PM
LSU is #1 by far, frick the polls!!!! Go Tigers!!!!!!! :)

I can't wait till they own FL!!!!!!!! FL can't stop the run, look at the Auburn game tape, if Tate doesn't fumble , they run out the clock to the point FL can't mount a charge. LSU won't be that stupid, hold on to the ball idiots(Auburn)!!!!

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==