PDA

View Full Version : no voice in TS/BF2

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
August 20th, 2007, 02:39 PM
Since my last time playing BF2 I bought a sound card but now I can't use my mic. I'm pretty sure it's a bakc error but here's the scenario.

Headphones are plugged into a Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio card. My sound is fine but I can't get my mic to work. I can't get it to work in game either. I've tried plugged my mic into every available port in my sound card to no avail. Not too sure where I should check to fix my problem so...

Help?

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
August 20th, 2007, 03:18 PM
First, work just with the mic. Plug it into the correct mic port on your sound card, there is only one correct port.

Open up Sound Recorder in Programs >> Accessories >> Entertainment. Try to see if it will record. Check to make sure the mic is not muted either with an inline volume control or through the sound settings >> volume settings for the mic.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
August 20th, 2007, 03:39 PM
if you have the Speaker Icon on the lower right corner of your desktop. Right click you may have 2 options, open Volume control, and adjust audio properties. Select the second one, in hear select the voice tab, then the Volume button under Voice recording, make sure under recording control the Mic is checked, line in could selected.. this is the problem I had with T/S before.

FYI if you dont see the Mic as an option you may need to select Options/ Properties and then check the Mic so you can view it... Also select the Advanced controls.

Ab1dab1
August 21st, 2007, 08:20 PM
One other thing to check Ex.....

You're Recording Device (MIC) may still be set to use the old hardware instead of the new sound card (especially if you were using on-board audio).

Recording device should be in the Control Panel or as optional tab in your Speaker configuration. There usually is a drop down box to select the source hardware to use.

You'll have similar option in TS and in BF2.

Abi

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==