PDA

View Full Version : Quick Exit...

LA_MERC_Wetzny
August 16th, 2007, 07:06 AM
Sorry for the quick exit last night! The wife returned from an out and back to the West Coast around 11:30pm and wanted to catch up on things. Needless to say she's trying to talk to me from the other side of the house, which is impossible anyway combine that with the fact I'm wearing a head set, playing BF2 and trying to fly, so she's getting pissed at my constant "What? I can't hear YOU!" routine. So I'm getting wife Haxored, which I think had a little bit to do with the fact I started dropping bombs on Goose at nearly every flag on the map (WOOT TK BABY!! Makes flag capping FUN right Alan?) and then I started mid-air crashing into Spark (MORE TK'S THIS ROCKS!!!) Then I hear Conda with the "Dude, Wetz is like a double agent and Shiot!" LOL!! and my wife is still trying to have a conversation with me!

Now in my home some time around 9:30pm CST is usually when it slows down and MY time begins. The kids are in bed, the wife is in bed, the bills are paid, the lawn is mowed, the laundry is folded, the plants are watered, the trash is out, everything is done for the day. Except when the wife is awake, then it's still everyone else's time. Ever see the Seinfeld episode where he feeds his girlfriend a huge turkey dinner and a box of wine so he can play with her classic toy collection? That may be my next move!!!

Good times!!! And sorry for the GBU's there Goose!! It got so routine dropping those on your grill, I was APOLOGIZING BEFORE THEY HIT!!! Bomb Release ... Green appears at the flag.... "Sorry Goose... tick tick tick... BOOM" Wetz TK's Goose..

LA_MERC_Andyconda
August 16th, 2007, 07:19 AM
Then I hear Conda with the "Dude, Wetz is like a double agent and Shiot!"

ROTFLMFAO, Yo David. No need for appologies my brotha. I'm married with kids too. I also have to take care of kids, water the plants and dog, take out the trash, and make the wife happy. We fully understand. As far as the TK's, hey, happens to the best of us. You actually were spared the Andy, James, and Toby confrontation about ramming. You can bet your sweet Arse our server now says "RAMMERS WHO DON'T SHOOT WILL BE KICKED!" LMFAO, its a long story. In the end I had a blast and playing with my MERC brethren is what that game is all about. FUN TIMES!

LA_MERC_johncst
August 16th, 2007, 07:28 AM
Is it plant the wife or plant one in the wife didn't catch that one

LA_MERC_Wetzny
August 16th, 2007, 07:52 AM
Is it plant the wife or plant one in the wife didn't catch that one

Dude... Until I get my vas deferens cut, tied, soldered, super glued, and gorilla glued off, I'm not going below the hard deck... End of story. You have a High Maintenance child like Harrison, instant Birth Control. Cute, lovable and I wouldn't trade him for anything, but the child is the debil, pure and simple!

No Soup for YOU!

LA_MERC_Wetzny
August 16th, 2007, 07:53 AM
ROTFLMFAO, Yo David. No need for appologies my brotha. I'm married with kids too. I also have to take care of kids, water the plants and dog, take out the trash, and make the wife happy. We fully understand. As far as the TK's, hey, happens to the best of us. You actually were spared the Andy, James, and Toby confrontation about ramming. You can bet your sweet Arse our server now says "RAMMERS WHO DON'T SHOOT WILL BE KICKED!" LMFAO, its a long story. In the end I had a blast and playing with my MERC brethren is what that game is all about. FUN TIMES!

I was on Dalian for the Ramming Vs Force TK huddle Classic!

waltersw15
August 16th, 2007, 08:13 AM
At least you made it out there. I really wanted to try to get on and play last night, being the coming out party for the new recruits. However, allergies hit me hard yesterday, and I just went to bed real early. Put it this way, my daughter put me to bed instead of the other way around.

I really look to get back in game soon. I will definitely be in on Saturday. Tonight and tomorrow will be more of a play it by ear for me.

Besides Wetz, I go through that same thing. That is why I crashed the helo a few times while you were gunning for me. My wife wouldn't leave me alone, and I no matter how hard I tried to turn the helo around for you to get a TV guided missile shot on her, I just couldn't make it happen. She pwned me, and I just had to leave for a while that night. So don't feel bad when you have to take that break to pacify the wifey.

Maybe we need to be like Wayne and get our wives to learn to play BF2.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
August 16th, 2007, 08:35 AM
;202949']
Maybe we need to be like Wayne and get our wives to learn to play BF2.

Negative! Ghostrider the pattern is full! You want me to quit BF2? After nearly 900 hours? BF2=Dad only Domain....

LA_MERC_goose
August 16th, 2007, 08:55 AM
No problem Wetz. It's not like I haven't TKed you a million times. It's all part of the game.

Andy, I'm adding that message to the opening messages now. - well, Toby beat me to it. But I added a 'In-Game' message telling them we will kick / ban them for doing it.

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
August 16th, 2007, 09:12 AM
Sometimes you accidently ram a helo with a plane, it happens. But to do it 3 times over and not fire a single bullet. That is just stupid. I guess it ranks up there with no going into the uncaps unless you are blowing up commander assets.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
August 16th, 2007, 10:53 AM
Good Call!

LA_MERC_DocSparky
August 16th, 2007, 11:47 AM
The whole "ramming" conversation was pretty hilarious. They were getting fired up, but it's all good. Seems like there was some consensus reached. I was just happy to be the commander tucked away below deck throwing out UAVs and supply crates.

I had my own issue with my kids last night as well (hence the quick exit and return). It seems that my 6 year old son is going on 18 and wants to run the show. We thought we had out smarted them by having four. They usually get so involved in fighting with each other, they forget us for a while.

Joining a server named "Air Maps 101" usually strikes fear in this ground pounder, but it ended up being some pretty good rounds. Spark was doing pretty good in the air and keeping Andy and Toby pre-occupied as well. Good job there James.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
August 16th, 2007, 11:55 AM
Air-Maps 101 is designed for people like us Doc; Novice air-jockeys struggling to get our wings! The only problem is ALL THE REALLY GOOD PILOTS GET IN THE DAMN PLANES!!! Now I’m sure its just an effort to ‘lead by example’, but really you Ground Pounder’s need to joy stick up (like Walters) and get in line and fly against one another… Leave the grunt work to Conda, Toby, and Goose. The rest of us Novice pilots will try to command the skies!! :stick

LA_MERC_Spark
August 16th, 2007, 11:59 AM
meh... I'm cool either way I suppose, but wtf man. War is hell! No one banned the Japs for ramming ships in WWII... we just adapted and learned to shoot them down first....

On another note. Flying that F35 is a real biotch.. especially with goose and wetz in the J10. I just can't freakin get a consistent set of evasive maneuvers down. It's like once I get locked onto it is all over. The damn plane doesn't turn well and flares are just for show it seems. Obviously I don't have near as many hours in game as most everyone else, but my J10 skills aren't nearly as crappy as my F35s. Worse part is I just keep saddling up! My K/D was already a crappy .71... After last night I don't even want to look....

LA_MERC_DocSparky
August 16th, 2007, 12:04 PM
With just about any game, you have the servers that are horribly misnamed. They will say something like... "beginners only". What they really meant to say was that the beginners stupid enough to fall for that would be sacrificed on the throne of pwnage :). I guess those preconceived notions don't die easily.

I'll have to dust off my MS Force Feeback joystick and see if it still works. I think I've got a total of 5-10 minutes in aircraft after two years with this game.

LA_MERC_Wetzny
August 16th, 2007, 12:21 PM
The Hitbox on the F-35 is the size of Jenna Jameson's cooter... MASSIVE!

LA_MERC_Andyconda
August 16th, 2007, 12:48 PM
Dude... Until I get my vas deferens cut, tied, soldered, super glued, and gorilla glued off, I'm not going below the hard deck... End of story. You have a High Maintenance child like Harrison, instant Birth Control. Cute, lovable and I wouldn't trade him for anything, but the child is the debil, pure and simple!

No Soup for YOU!

I'm with you David. After my second boy, that's all it took. I love the little tike to death but I went ASAP to the Doc and said cut the chord. Wife said, what if I want another kid. I said, Fine with me, but I don't know who the Daddy's going to be!

All in all one of the best things I've ever done. it wasn't bad, was over quick, and healed nice. Nothings different at all except now I never have to hear those evil words again "I'm pregnant, and it's yours" WOOHOO, I'm FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!: heart3

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
August 16th, 2007, 12:55 PM
Yeah, The F-35 has a massive heat signature. You really need to wait until the last moment to shoot flares and then zig zag within the flares to stay out of missle lock. Bring the J-10 in close and then go high and out.

On the flip side, you won't hit a J-10 in a full turn with missles. You have to wait for the right moment and aim in front of it. Let him flare and then launch all missles and then run. You should hit with 1 or 2 but it sometimes takes 3 to take down a J-10. Go rearm and hope you get luck again, either way, he's going to be hurting pretty bad and hopefully an AA will take him down. When playing against J-10's, the whole team needs to help, not just the pilots. Spotting, ground, and mobile AA help out a ton.

I was wanting to get some helo action and ground action last night. It just bugs me when someone flys half speed or less to shoot down a helo. Evidently, they have no contest in the sky which is when I find time to get up in a plane to make them rethink their gliding action.

LA_MERC_Spark
August 16th, 2007, 01:00 PM
lol...true true... Anyone flying slow to shoot a heli is dead meat.. though I've done it after getting pwned too many times by good heli pilots whean all we have are noobs in ours :) I have been getting better at using the cannons on them at full throttle. I just had to get my rudder sensitivity set right.

Chi_Townz
August 16th, 2007, 08:49 PM
Geez, I guess I got ya all beat on the Wife depart.

She works nights so I usually don't have to worry about being haxored.... But there are significant draw backs to this situation.

Sleeping alone ALL the time really sucks. So I guess in a way then I'm the one thats getting Haxored...LOL

LA_MERC_Wetzny
August 16th, 2007, 10:50 PM
The Positives of sleeping alone...

No one to stab you in the ribs when you snore.

The other side of the bed is always cool and crisp!

Passing a little gas doesn't result in a Biotch slap from the Misses.

There isn't a five year old trying to sleep on your head, perpendicular on the mattress or cracking you across the face with his forearm.

If the dog stinks you CAN kick it off the bed and out of the room.

Sleeping in the middle of the bed is an option.

There is no one there to say "Not tonight, YOU make my head ache!"

The downside? Chicago is REALLY REALLY cold in the winter.... And if your wife looks anything like my avatar you're MISERABLE!

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
August 16th, 2007, 11:39 PM
LMAO. The toddler in the bed thing suxors some nights. hahahahaha. I do like having a pick of any place to sleep though. That NEVER happens.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==