PDA

View Full Version : Man, I give up trying to get the booster Pack working!

LA_MERC_YellowDog
August 1st, 2007, 10:30 PM
I have tried forums, reinstalling from scratch, trying to register the crap online <--- BTW that crap dont work either, it wont accept the code.. So I give the fvck up... Im not playing Euroforces or Armored Furry.. EA are a bunch of Fvcking Idiots...

Unless someone can point me to a forum that might have an answer i dont know what to do.. everthing I've found wont work...

I hate EA...

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
August 1st, 2007, 10:49 PM
I'm not sure you ever said what the problem actually was.

LA_MERC_th33_r00k
August 2nd, 2007, 02:44 AM
I do not play either of those so I do not really care if you do:stick

Vanilla and SF is all that you need do0d.

LA_MERC_Spark
August 2nd, 2007, 08:11 AM
I can't get my brothers booster pack working either. It just will not validate with EA.. period. I've been so pissed off about that I can't call them to complain.

Rollout
August 2nd, 2007, 09:19 AM
I agree Yellow, this last time I reinstalled I just went with vanilla and SF, they can keep those other POS software!!!!

We only need vanilla to snipe anyway :)

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
August 2nd, 2007, 11:30 AM
The forum search function works great! lol

http://lamerc.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=15897&highlight=Armored%20Fury

LA_MERC_YellowDog
August 2nd, 2007, 04:02 PM
Ok, I should be more specific.

Heres the deal, I have the DVD version of the Booster pack that has both A/F and E/F's on it... Its all on 1 disk. I followed the directions from EA on the proper way to install all 4 from scratch. First install BF2, then S/F's, then run the 1.41 patch, then install A/F then E/F then run the 1.41 patch again.

Well one problem I notice, is when I run the Booster pack DVD, it goes through an install process that runs pretty quick,, and finishes... says installation complete, but I never get a prompt to enter my CD Key thats on the inside of the box... So Im guessing its not fully installing, and skipping some part of the installation...

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
August 2nd, 2007, 04:30 PM
I replied to your pm. One thing before you start.

Uninstall everything from Add/Remove programs first.
Rename your Battlefield folder located in My Documents
Follow these guides on how to uninstall manually
http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=8986
http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=11150
Then try to reinstall. Try to follow what I sent you in the pm and install the DVD after installing SF. Only install the required patch and wait to apply the 1.41 patch until after everything is installed.

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
August 3rd, 2007, 04:38 PM
Any luck?

LA_MERC_YellowDog
August 3rd, 2007, 05:05 PM
I'm going to give it an attempt tonight if I dont go anywhere in the next little while.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
August 7th, 2007, 08:17 PM
Hey Guys, I Finally got armored furry and Euro Forces :)

IT turned out being the way my CD-keys that came with the different release were registered... I somehow ended up with more than 1 account, my games were registered under 1 account and I was being forced to play under another account. I got in touch with E/A support, and after a few questions concerning the validity of my request, they linked the 2 accounts to 1... SO now its all working :)

LA_MERC_DocSparky
August 7th, 2007, 09:35 PM
Excellent news there YellowDog! You'll need to put together a primer for the rest of the guys having problems with it. Of course, this thread (with the info from Toby) is pretty useful for that. Now we just need to get on a server with Great Wall going.

LA_MERC_WBHighwind
August 7th, 2007, 10:08 PM
I love Armored Forces. Flying the ground support aircraft is one of my favorite things to do in BF2

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==