PDA

View Full Version : What happened yesterday? +Lan question

yester
June 11th, 2002, 05:05 PM
Hi, I haven't posted in here in a while. I think the last thing I posted actually got me banned from it.. (whoops!).

My cousin is Corbin Dallas. He brought to my attention that some of you guys don't really like me that much (oh yeah, pitty parties-R-us). Well, I also think that a few of you guys have some misconstrued ideas about me, because I was never very clear about anything.

If you really don't care, you don't have to read this.
The first part is gonna be a "history of yesterday" and the second part is going to be a question about a LAN...

======================
Part 1
======================

Most of the people in here will remember me. I'm yesterday, and I've been playing on the Merc server from like 2 days after light was invented. I was first introduced to Counterstrike a little into my sophomore year of high school (like 2.5 yrs ago) and really thought it sucked. But then I played online, here, and realized that it wasn't as much about playing the game as it was about playing against people. It's the community that got me addicted to this game.
After like a few months, at a Lan party REALLY late one night... myself, Cutter (you may remember him as being in merc a while ago), and my friend Deviant decided to start a clan.. hence the beginnings of the [--DK] tag. Despite popular belief, the clan meant nothing. The tag meant nothing. We just thought it would be random, and was. We played with the tags on for a good while, until things started to happen... Cutter got banned from the server and then moved to New Mexico. He apparently had the affliction of most ban-ees here of speaking crudely. Anyways, he moved to New Mexico and the clan disbanded (not that it was something serious anyways).

Next pitstop on my road of CS maturity was.. dum dum dum... D|M. Oh yeah, good old Digital Mindz. It was the first "major" clan that I have ever joined. In that clan was where I actually participated in some OGL matches and even grew pretty close with my clansmates. It was well worth it.

Things soft of got fuzzy for a while as far as inter-clan relations went. Something happened and the next thing I know, I'm talking with a bunch of D|M guys who are splitting off and forming a clan of just local people. Just Monroe/N.E. LA people. Bam.. [N$0]. And I joined, too.

Yet short lived for myself. I quit playing for a few months. Mainly because of bad lag on this server :P. And never heard anything from any of them. I unofficially dropped out of the clan, began playing with a [w--t] tag. The main reason I did that was because I was playing on alot of different servers, and played on alot of servers where the "good" people weren't even that good... I had to put a tag on because if I didn't, i'd get banned even faster for people calling me a hacker. There was a period for a few months where I'd just got and play on all sorts of servers to see how many I could get kicked from/banned from in a day. There are so many people that just whine and complain when they get shot. I HAVE NEVER and WILL NEVER cheat at this stupid game.

I really like playing with you guys.. yes, even you blake! lol. I absolutely LOVED the first big merc lan at the WMCC. Can't wait for something else like that again. If I've ever acted rude to any of you guys, just take it with a grain of salt.. I'm a nice guy, trust me.

===================
Part 2
===================

Ok, I heard about a LAN on the 28-30... Corbin was telling me about it... Was that supposed to be the BayouFest that's now in August?

If so.. is there some way that we can organize something to have on the 28-30 ANYWAYS? like, for people that are in town or available for that date?

P's- Please don't flame me here b/c I posted this. Email your flame instead! [email protected]

LA_MERC_Avatar
June 11th, 2002, 06:12 PM
if you receive any flames, let me know, especially if its a merc....on to the other thing, yes we did have some problems with you, but your attitude of late has been excellent, especially the other night when we played and you said a dirty word and then asked me to kick you if you said it again, that showed a very high level of maturity on your part and for that i respect you....

as to the other on the part about the lan, well right now all of our attention is focused on the bayou fragfest...so i dont believe that there will be a smaller one anytime soon, but if for some reason that changes, just keep watching the site and info will be posted on it..

R@di0$taR
June 11th, 2002, 08:14 PM
Yesterday you have my respect...

Daedelus
June 11th, 2002, 08:25 PM
Very well written.

LA_MERC_RiverRat
June 11th, 2002, 08:57 PM
I agree as well....you have made a 180 degree turn man....for the better and me likes ya now...LOL....not that I knew you that well before, but I did play with ya....

LA_MERC_darkprowess
June 11th, 2002, 09:53 PM
i've never actually had a problem with ya back when i 1st started playin with ya... and i still have no problems with ya... you seem to be a nice guy and the other night on assualt was a blast when we was going against austin heheh...

LA_MERC_Dirge
June 11th, 2002, 10:05 PM
I'm gonna play Devil's advocate here guys. No offense to you yesterday, but the rest of y'all seem to be geting caught up in the moment. Just step back and review. Like I said, no offense to you yesterday, I don't know you very well or know much about you. for all I know, you are truly sincere. Like I said, just playing devil's advocate.

yester
June 11th, 2002, 11:56 PM
Alright, Corbin is coming down here on the 21st of June.

Thinking about the lan on the 28th was one of the major considerations in getting him here around this time...

I know there are alot of local people here in Monroe that are more than eager to get their Lan on (myself included) that don't want to wait for August.

If myself, Corbin, and maybe some higher up mercs get in on it... does anyone think that it would be possible to pull on together for around the 28-30?

I'd like to get some input and bring something together.

cd
June 12th, 2002, 12:10 AM
Well.. actually if thats the case why not throw it up from 26th or 27th? Finding people i'm sure would not be a problem.

eNdOfBeGinNinG
June 12th, 2002, 07:33 AM
Well I have only recently met you on the server. You seem to me nice, and your skill its great! AoK in my book.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==