PDA

View Full Version : Won't power on

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
April 15th, 2007, 07:47 PM
I got home from a football meeting tonight and figured I'd get in a little BF2'ing before I reformat tomorrow. Flip my power switch and nothing happened. I didn't think much of it because I have a Jerry rigged switch and it's flighty sometimes. Turned it off and flipped it back on and still nothing, three or four more times with the same result. This has never happened before so I unhooked my power switch and touched my wires together with no change, and few more tries just in case. Nothing. So I pulled my conector off of my motherboard and used a screwdriver to make a conection and I'm STILL getting nothing.

I can see my green light on my motherboard so I know it has power but why wouldn't it turn on? I can't find my mobo book either.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
April 15th, 2007, 08:01 PM
Hummm, Dumb question, but have removed all power... Like unpluged it, then tried.

I dont think thats going to do it.. but other than that, it sounds like you have a real problem.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
April 16th, 2007, 07:22 AM
I unplugged all my power stuff then only replugged in my 2 mobo conectors and nothing happened. So I brought over my other computer and plugged in that power supply and it worked. Then I replugged in my original and tried again just for old times sake, nothing.

Guess I'm buying a power supply. Worst part is I was planning on reformatting today for my class tomorrow and now I'm going to have to wait for a power supply to get here before I can get it done. That's why you shouldn't procrastinate my friends. Ofcourse I still wouldn't be able to do anything with no power.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
April 16th, 2007, 03:56 PM
Humm,, Must have burned out only some points on the 20+4 pin connector.. If you were still getting some power on the MoBo with the old P/S.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
April 18th, 2007, 12:54 PM
Got my power supply today so I'm back using a real computer again. My laptop and wife's machine have some serious issues.

Power supply - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817152026

New case - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811156060

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==